PG Music Home
Posted By: av84fun Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/27/13 07:19 PM
Emboldened by another poster's comments on the main forum, I will again suggest the inclusion of a Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary.

Extremely accomplished guitarists may not need one but they are likely 1% of the BIAB user community.

BIAB can be asked to include guitar fretboard diagrams but the variations of inversions is highly limited. There are many FREE chord dictionaries. They have a menu of just about every variation of a given chord possible all over the neck.

If you click on the diagram, the dictionary appears in a drop down window, and you pick the one that most suits your needs.

You can even creat and name your own versions.

Since these apps are free, I just can't imagine that embedding one into BIAB would be very difficult or expensive.

Thanks,

Jim
Posted By: DrDan Re: Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/28/13 04:11 PM
+1, but don't stop there..

Notation is important! Just as important as the "backing tracks". Notation is how one musician communicates and documents to another musician about what is being played. So while I also do not want the company to spread itself too thin and not focus on what it does best, it is my hope that notation gets some love in 2014.

Here is an option to do it all - look at the old MusEdit Notation Software which is now open-sourced and available to anyone to work with. It was great at notation as well as a very flexible and customizable chord diagram feature - really did it all! What would it take to incorporate some of that code into BIAB?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/28/13 06:57 PM
A BIG +1
Posted By: GAJ52 Re: Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/28/13 09:50 PM
Another big +1
Posted By: Person Re: Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/28/13 10:18 PM
Another +1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Chord Diagram Dictionary - 12/29/13 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
+1, but don't stop (with guitar chord diagram dictionary). Look at the old MusEdit Notation Software which is now open-sourced and available to anyone to work with. It was great at notation as well as a very flexible and customizable chord diagram feature - really did it all! What would it take to incorporate some of that code into BIAB?
. +1
© PG Music Forums