PG Music Home
hi
When creating a new Style or adding / changing instruments in an existing one I have to keep remembering that I cant put a midi track where an RT was OR in the Melody or Soloist tracks.
Often I have to start off with a totally unusable style that just happens to have ALL MIDI tracks in it, just so's I can have the option of putting any replacement track I want in there.
Wouldnt it be so nice if we could put ANYTHING ANYWHERE in a Style?
cheers
ian
+1 BIG TIME!
+1

FWIW – I suggested that PGMusic allow the user to define what instrument goes on what channel a while ago. We have 16 channels and to have only 5 open for our use is unacceptable, at least to me.
Don't forget, several are used by BIAB for harmonies.
Hi Matt,

My original suggestion was, as I stated here, user definable MIDI channels. Thus if one wanted harmony parts they could assign the channels for them. How many people here need 6 channels dedicated to MIDI guitar? If they do then they would assign whatever channels they want for it. One would assign channels for the melodist or soloist if needed. If one doesn’t use those channels then I think it makes sense to use them for something else, ie MIDI, SuperMIDI or RealTracks.

This is just an idea and YMMV.

Peace
Hi Mario. You are correct, and there are harmonies available for the Melody and Soloist tracks, too. I completely support the flexibility to put whatever you want on whatever channel, to the extent PG Music is able to do that. Even now, it's a bit mind-bending to put accordion on the "piano" track, baritone sax on the "guitar" track, etc.

I just wanted to make sure others knew about the use of several channels "behind the scenes" in the current design, and that's why we don't have use of all 16 now. It would be very nice if we could expand from the five we have, absolutely. Or maybe even get the use of a second bank of 16, like some software?

+1 Very good idea !
More flexibility would be very innovative.
All that I personally am looking for is the ability to take an existing Real Track style and add Hi-Q tracks in any spaces or by substitution. At the moment I dont see the value or worth of Hi-Q as it is so limited (for me) in its use.I can do this with supermidi tracks - for some reason having a BB track number(eg 1804) means it will go in there where as a Hi-Q midi will not.
The 7 slots is always going to be enough for me but hey if PG want to go the whole 16, feel free.
cheers
ian
© PG Music Forums