PG Music Home
Posted By: ZeroZero 12 keys.. copying - 07/28/14 08:04 AM
It could be easier to create a song to take something through 12 keys. What I do (and I am no expert) is select the bars in question, then copy them 12 times. takes a while.

If there were a way to select a section of X bars and copy it X times (usually twelve) it would be easier.

Z
Posted By: MarioD Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/28/14 02:20 PM
What you want is under Edit/copy from..to. You can copy your section 12 time and change keys on each copy.

Good luck.

Ps - I am using the latest version and build of BiaB.
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/28/14 08:54 PM
thank you Mario.. got it.
Posted By: soolan Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/28/14 11:53 PM
That work for you? Cause it didn't for me.
Posted By: soolan Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/29/14 11:22 PM
Disregard my last comment. I was wrong, it does work. I didn't see the semitone option. So glad it works.
Posted By: soolan Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/30/14 07:35 PM
THAT is a neat tip. Thanks.
Posted By: Cerio Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/31/14 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
What you want is under Edit/copy from..to. You can copy your section 12 time and change keys on each copy.

Good luck.

The shortcoming of that method is the 255 bar limit. It's not going to work with songs with more than than 21 (255/12) bars.
Posted By: MarioD Re: 12 keys.. copying - 07/31/14 02:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Good luck.

The shortcoming of that method is the 255 bar limit. It's not going to work with songs with more than than 21 (255/12) bars.

Yes that is correct. If you want more measures one would have to do as many as would fit in 255 bars, save the file as a MP3, MIDI or wav and merge them in the DAW of your choice. Not ideal I know.

Unfortunately I could not find that function in RB. However I do not use RB so if it is there maybe someone could enlighten us.
© PG Music Forums