PG Music Home
Now that would be seriously cool.

If I wanted a Tower of Power style I could record my own 'bass' parts based on transcriptions. THen see them applied to other progressions at the click of a button.

Don't know how the BIAB real tracks work, but if this were possible.....
this is an interesting question - I've had a look at the realtracks and there appear to be several wma files for each style - each one cycles through some chord changes. It wouldn't be too difficult to work out the chord changes and produce the audio files required... but each one is accompanied by a file with the extension .bt0 - it's a compiled file so it's unreadable. These are presumably the instructions and pointers which enable the realtracks engine to use the associated wma...

Maybe this is something that pgmusic could supply us with? A realtrack maker? That we play into (following requisite chords etc) and it generates the mysterious but all important .bt0 file etc...

pgmusic must be using some kind of internal tools to be creating the realtracks in the first place. A user front-end on those tools.....muses...

Of course, it might not be part of pgmusic's plan to release the method of making real tracks...

Very interesting, though - I could do vocal realtracks for you guys!!!! (Some of you wince....)

Hey Melanie

Thanks for having a look - I'm snowed under with stuff at the moment, and not had chance to actually investigate (plus being a MAChead, we're still waiting for the new Mac version....that old chestnut!)

It would be nice if someone from PG Music could answer - is this something that is possible? Or is it not possible. WOuld take things to a whole new lever....oopps I mean level!
Posted By: Mac Re: Any way we can make our own 'real tracks' - 02/20/09 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that as of right now, it is not possible.

There's things "under the hood" that we don't have access to.

The MIDI Soloist engine is involved, for one thing.

This sort of thing may also fall under the hat of protecting pgmusic's intellectual property, too, dont know but I have a suspicion along those lines.

--Mac
Mac,

I suspect you're right.

But this is the wishlist forum right? And it strikes me it would be a feature that would make BIAB even more formidable!

Paul
Posted By: Mac Re: Any way we can make our own 'real tracks' - 02/21/09 06:51 PM
Me too.

I've wishlisted in the past to be able to somehow create our own Soloist ST files, back when it was all MIDI, to no response.

Wouldn't it be neat to be able to clone ourselves as soloists though?

Or be able to edit the existing soloists? (All Bird solo folder anyone?)

--Mac
Now that was something I never even thought of.

I'd be VEEEERRRRYYYYY interested in checking through the Jaco soloist (or i think it's one of the 16th note ones - either way, it has some cool licks in it).

Ah well, maybe one day.
Posted By: Mac Re: Any way we can make our own 'real tracks' - 02/23/09 01:36 AM
If I want to learn how someone plays, I get recordings of them playing, listen to it until I "own" it and can sing their part, whistle it, hum it in my sleep, then I transcribe them.

Not someone else's transcription of them.

--Mac
Hey Mac

DO you find their 'licks' and patterns and style creeping into your playing before you do the transcriptions?
Posted By: Mac Re: Any way we can make our own 'real tracks' - 02/23/09 03:19 PM
By all means.

And that is always the intended purpose.

Transcription creates a "pallette" that allows us to pick and choose various phrases and such that we have learned will work over various changes, that's what transcribing of jazz solos is all about in my book.

All jazz musicians stand on the shoulders of those who came before. Some scant few just seem to stand there better than the rest.

--Mac
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any way we can make our own 'real tracks' *DELETED* - 02/24/09 08:42 PM
Ahh the successor to 'Notes' Norton - someone who makes a BIAB add-on that makes shoes and then exports them. Whatever next?
Total genius!

PS - no disrepect intended to Mr Norton!
Hmmm I might have been misunderstood. Before I bought this, I asked someone from PGMusic if this was possible. He said yet it was, but it was kinda complex. After I bought the complete version (I was talking by then about the demo with him) he said the people from BG would be happy to help in the hows. But well if even the veteran members don't know anything about this feature, I am afraid that that wish is now eliminated... *pop*
© PG Music Forums