PG Music Home
Posted By: Digihound Freezing per bar - 09/28/14 03:40 PM
Not a post about waiting for the hostelry to open...

I love the ability to freeze instruments, but it would be so much better to be able to select which bars you want to freeze. That way you could select to improve any decisions BB has made about an instrument which you're not happy with, instead of simply having to repeatedly recreate the whole instrument track.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Freezing per bar - 09/28/14 04:13 PM
+1

This does seem like a natural step for updating, as such a function is possible in RealBand.

Note that this is a frequent Wishlist request. It's just expressed differently here. Most of the posts ask to be able to regenerate only selected measures. This implies that the unselected measures remain the same, whether that's called frozen or unchanged or what.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Freezing per bar - 09/29/14 11:10 AM
Like Matt correctly answers, Real Band already does this.

However, +1, it essentially is a great and overdue BiaB feature too
Posted By: Cerio Re: Freezing per bar - 09/29/14 12:28 PM
+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Freezing per bar - 09/29/14 03:56 PM
A big +1
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Freezing per bar - 09/30/14 08:10 AM
+1
Would be definitely a great step for BIAB !
Posted By: DrDan Re: Freezing per bar - 10/04/14 07:16 PM
+1 I could use regenerate/freeze per bar right about now....
Posted By: Icelander Re: Freezing per bar - 10/05/14 04:09 PM
A workaround for you while we wait for this long overdue feature:
I use the Soloist picker in cases like this. That way I generate the instrument I want there first, then go back as needed and make it replace the sections I wasn't happy about. Finally, once the whole thing is more or less up to my liking, I move that finished track over to whichever track it was meant to be on.
I've used this trick for example when I wanted the original 12-8 Piano rhythm to only only play chords (took a while, since it's such a jumble of chords & arpeggio), just to give you some idea of use.
I realise it's rather going about things the long way round, but I just wanted to show you it can be done...sort of wink
© PG Music Forums