PG Music Home
Premise: Sometimes I'm looking for a rhythm instrument with certain 'qualities' or characteristics beyond just the basic "this type of instrument of this particular feel", an finding it from its name alone often doesn't suffice (or takes a long time). This can be somewhat made easier if my keyword also took the memo text of the instrument into account.
Example: Searching for an electric guitar which predominantly plays a backbeat. As things are now, if I type 'guitar electric backbeat' into my search, I'd get a far more limited number of matches than are actually available, because so few of the names of these instruments include the word 'backbeat', whereas it would most often be mentioned in its Memo.
+1

Many times the memo lists the name of example songs but you can't tell that style or RealTrack would work with the song.

Some of this gets easier as you become more familar with the styles and RealTracks but I'm all for any idea that reduces the learning curve.
+1 We need a more powerful and flexible search feature.

Again correct me if I'm wrong, but this is yet another (very old) one that's still not there...is it?! shocked
+1

Searching through song memos is the only way I know to discover the answer to the question, "What styles use RealTracks, Loops or MIDI SuperTracks "X"?
+1
So I'm to understand that BB allows you to put text into the memo field but doesn't allow you to search the memo field to find that text? If so, what was the point of allowing the user to put text into the memo field?
© PG Music Forums