PG Music Home
Posted By: Paul Haynes Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 11/16/14 08:34 AM
This is the sort of thing I'd like to see in BIAB. As I generally have little to no need of RealBand, MultiRiff would be a nice feature in BIAB.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/06/14 09:46 PM
+1
Posted By: Icelander Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/11/14 06:34 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the term (no RB on Macs), if you could outline the concept a bit?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/11/14 09:08 PM
Icelander,

Two HUGE advantages RealBand has over (the Windows version of) Band-in-a-Box when working with RealTracks concern features unique to RealBand.

Feature 1: With Band-in-a-Box a complete track is regenerated but in RealBand you can highlight a track section then regenerate just the highlighted section.

Feature 2: With Band-in-a-Box you regenerate as many times as need to get the track the way you want but in RealBand you can not only highlight a track section for regeneration, you can specify "multiriff" regeneration. When "multi-riff" is engaged, the section will regenerate seven times. The seven regenerations can stay on the same track or occupy seven empty tracks. You audition each separately then check off the keepers.

My guess are most likely the most used features of RealBand and the reasons why many people start to use RealBand.

Because I consider BiaB an accompaniment program and RealBand more of a track editing program I do not agree with this request.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/12/14 02:26 PM
Fair enuff, thanks for the info... sounds to me like all of the above should be a part of BBox from the get go, unless as you point out, people like this sort of separation between the two applications.
Personally I don't, but that's of course just because I'm being deprived of one of them altogether as a Mac user.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/12/14 11:59 PM
The only feature in RealBand I will ever want is the ability to generate RealTracks on demand bar by bar. If they moved that into BIAB I would only use BIAB and be able to eliminate the RB step from my workflow. And NO, I am never going to use RB for my DAW!
Posted By: Icelander Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/13/14 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
If they moved that into BIAB I would only use BIAB and be able to eliminate the RB step from my workflow.

Precisely what I was getting at, they should be striving for making this a single program.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Add "MultiRiff" function to BIAB - 12/01/16 06:30 PM
There is a way here though it just needs a bit of Tweaking by PG.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378682
© PG Music Forums