PG Music Home
Posted By: ZeroZero Sequencer Window in BIAB - 02/03/15 05:51 AM
I am currently spending about eight hours a day practising with BIAB. Which is a great compliment to the program. That's partly why I am coming up with ideas for development.

I guess this is going to be controversial, and a lot of people are going to say "that's what Real Band is for!". I confess, I don't use it and cant get it working. I am thinking of BIAB here, so think in this context.

What I would like to propose is a BIAB "sequencer" window. Here is how I envisage it

1] Drop the thru track concept. All tracks to hold either a BIAB instrument (real or MIDI) OR a user track. User track comes in two forms - Audio or MIDI. This way any track can hold anything.

Visually, on the left of the track the GUI would display the usual record/ stop / mute buttons, plus an ability to load (on this screen) a VST instrument.

The tracks would display bar by bar, scrolling across the screen.

For each track type there would be a number of user selectable displays - so that you may wish to see only one type, or more.

1] Chord Display - horizontally arranged chord sequence

2] MIDI display (clickable to bring up a full MIDI editor)

3] Audio display (clickable to display audio editor)

4] In the case of a VST being used, both the Audio and MIDI data would be available.

5] Notation Display. One or two staff's (bass treble) showing the notes. Again this would not be editable but would bring up an editable notation screen when clicked.

6] Lyric

Ability to cut delete copy and paste, plus standard editing tools/functions

Depending on track type, more than one display could be seen (if desired). So, One track might show, the chords, and the notation, and the MIDI (depending on what you find useful)

The screen would scroll from left to right as it played, like a sequencer screen.

There would be a timeline, in bars and beats, at the top.

Z
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Sequencer Window in BIAB - 02/03/15 09:27 AM
Originally Posted By: ZeroZero

1] Drop the thru track concept. All tracks to hold either a BIAB instrument (real or MIDI) OR a user track. User track comes in two forms - Audio or MIDI. This way any track can hold anything.

I like this concept.

I like too your idea to go further on BIAB program. The present BIAB tracks organization is too limitative and need to be boosted.
© PG Music Forums