PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Auditioning Styles - 07/31/15 08:53 PM
The ability to ALSO have the style in the style list actually play the chords that are in the song vs the style demo.

That way, we could hear how the style actually plays over the chords in our song and give us a MUCH better idea if the style will work or not.

Thanks,

Trax
Posted By: jford Re: Auditioning Styles - 08/01/15 09:44 AM
Hi, Trax -

You already can. On the StylePicker Window, look for the selection called "On Double Click". There is a drop-down box with three choices:

• OK, and close dialog (this loads the style and closes StylePicker)
  • Load style and play in your song (this loads the style you double clicked on and starts generating the song per your chord grid)
  • Preview premade Style Demo (this plays the PGMusic provided style demos)

Of course you'll have to wait a second or two for it to generate, and you need to remember which style you started with before previewing new styles, since it will change the underlying style to the one you clicked on.

But you can definitely preview right in StylePicker using your chord progression.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Auditioning Styles - 08/01/15 05:05 PM
If it would have been a snake . . . lol

Thanks J.

I will leave the original post up in case someone else asks the same question.

It is great to see PG implementing our Wishlist's over the years.

Thanks PG.

Trax
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Auditioning Styles - 08/03/15 06:51 PM
Yes this is a very useful function. I find the best way is to just put in a few chords of your song with correct tempo and song form for exact number of bars of your excerpt and set for one chorus only. Also turn off the 2-bar ending. Then make sure loop entire song is ticked. I find that otherwise when you double-click a new style to audition it will only generate that bar of the song which is not much help! If loop song is ticked then the whole song sheet will be played as soon as you double click any new style.

All in all a great way of quickly auditioning styles in your song. You can then make a note of your choices for your final arrangement.
© PG Music Forums