PG Music Home
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/18/15 09:07 PM
This is not a huge issue but it is one in a long line of little annoyances that make using BIAB a bit tedious!

I just looked at my bb folder and it has almost than nine thousand five hundred files in there! Please move these into folders in future versions! Or, move all files I might wish to use such as shortcut.txt, exes, etc. into a folder so I never have to scroll through 9,500 files!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/19/15 12:53 PM
+1 for better management of files, sub folders and folders.
Posted By: jford Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/19/15 01:33 PM
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1...
Posted By: Icelander Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/19/15 05:57 PM
And that's not even mentioning all the unneeded duplicates!
Posted By: solidrock Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/19/15 07:44 PM
+1 It would be good like MacBB that has nothing in the root but the app.

I think you can move all the STY's n stx's into a Styles folder (that's half the 9500).

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=242916#Post242916

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
>>I want to reduce the number of files in the BB directory (win 7). Will BB still function if I move the style files to a styles folder for example. Does BB recognise and work with sub folders.

Yes, you can move the styles to a c:\bb\styles folder.

If you do that, you should move STY and STX files (not ST2 or ST3)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/20/15 12:43 AM
Definitely there is room for improvement with file organization
+1 !!!
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 08/28/15 05:18 AM
+1
It seems not very difficult to implement that...unless...
Posted By: Spawn-X Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 09/07/15 04:44 PM
+10000
Posted By: Cerio Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 09/07/15 06:28 PM
+1
Posted By: boydbob Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 09/27/15 12:37 AM
Absolutely, the program organization is a royal pain.

After reading this thread I temporarily moved the *.stx & *.sty files to their own folder. That reduces the clutter, but now you have 5,000+ unorganized styles. It could be fixed if you have a few months to spend doing it, but I don't

Boyd
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 09/27/15 06:50 AM
Originally Posted By: boydbob
Absolutely, the program organization is a royal pain.

That reduces the clutter, but now you have 5,000+ unorganized styles. It could be fixed if you have a few months to spend doing it, but I don't

Boyd

Note that your 5,000+ styles can be moved to a Style Folder inside BIAB.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Please Change BIAB to USE FOLDERS!!! - 09/27/15 07:07 PM
+1, I already requested this one a year ago...
© PG Music Forums