PG Music Home
Currently, the Song Count-In is a Global setting, not Local to any particular song. This means that you either always have a Count-In for every song, or never have a Count-In. You cannot turn the Count-In 'off' for just one song.

This setting would be greatly improved if it was moved from Global Preferences to Individual Song Settings.

Songs with multiple time signatures, songs that have a refrain at the beginning, songs that begin with a background instrumental, and many others would benefit from this approach.

I hope many users would see the benefit of the count-in as being settable on a song-by-song basis (with a default preference of course) rather than all or nothing.

Attached picture 2015-09-16_11-38-14.jpg
+1 +1, fully agree.

DE
+1
+1 indeed
A BIG +1

"Count me in" <grin> on this one.

+1

LLOYD S
Big +1. Especially being able to save one song using the style drum pattern and a different song using a traditional click click count-in and a different song using no lead-in at all.
+1
Totally agree. this is our bands number 1 priority.

and why i am on this subject does anyone know why the intro volume is louder than the real tracks backing in some of my songs? its driving me mad. surely the intro should use the same volume as the song or maybe quieter but certainly not louder.
Originally Posted By: Warblingotter
Totally agree. this is our bands number 1 priority.

and why i am on this subject does anyone know why the intro volume is louder than the real tracks backing in some of my songs? its driving me mad. surely the intro should use the same volume as the song or maybe quieter but certainly not louder.

Presumably when you state 'intro' you are referring to 'count-in'?
yes I am referring to count-in. It would seem that this particular style, C_EAGLE2.STY Contemporary Country Eagles-2, has a count-in volume of around 5 decibels higher than the actual rest of the song. this is causing me a real problem.
+1
Abso-bloody-lutely! +1 many times over!!
Lots of positive support for this so it's getting a bump from me. Presumably the team are beavering away on something for 2017, and this ought to be included.
Any other bumps?
+1
+1 again in 2016.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Any other bumps?
Oh, that's a dangerous question! grin
Thank you VideoTrack for your suggestion and all others for the +1 support!
Your request has been reported.
Excellent, I can't wait for the next version!
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music

Bump, for 2017...
+1 again for 2017.
+1 here as well. This was the single biggest frustration after getting back into BIAB with my latest upgrade.
Bump, AGAIN, although others get much better results when raising issues in other forums, so I'll go there.
I'm going out on a limb here. Not trying to rock the boat, but this is a feature that just about every user could benefit from.

Simply put, not every song needs a count-in, and therefore this would be much better if it was selectable on a song-by-song basis, rather than the current global setting of all-or-nothing.

Probably needs a default setting (On/Off), and then a 'user over-ride' to simply bypass the default setting if/when required.

Another +1 from me wink

Attached picture 2017-10-22_16-14-55.jpg
another +1
I would love for it to local to each song. That way, you can have a stick count-in for one song; a drum fill count-in for another; a difference drum fill count-in for another; and no count-in for another.
+1
A drum fill intro/option would be nice. I use that approach often with an arranger keyboard, rather that the programmed intros.
Yes, that would be a good feature too.
Yup.

Thanks Alyssa for your response in 2016.
We missed the delivery of that notably worthwhile feature in 2017 and again 2018.
Maybe 2019? It's not too late...
+1 Continuing support to change count-in settings from a global setting to a song setting.
Amazing that this topic goes back to 2015 and still the lead in volume cannot be changed for each song.
I was I contact with Alyssa just last week about not being able to lower the lead in volume. The answer was there is no volume adjustment available when using RealDrums. My statement to her was that I have had audience members asking what that “noise” was at the beginning of each song. I guess we will just have to keep on asking.
Update-
I have just been doing a little more experimenting to get RealDrum volume lowered and noticed in Preferences 1, second from the bottom of the right hand column there is a checkbox “if song has RealDrums, also generate MIDI Drums”.
Does anyone have an idea of what that means? It would seem that if MIDI drums were “also” generated that their volume could be adjusted and on the first measure of the song be changed to RealDrums with a volume to match the other instruments.
I’m using Mac version.
Bump for a +1

We missed the delivery of that notably worthwhile feature in 2017 and again 2018.
Maybe 2019? It's not too late...

Well, I spoke too soon.
This really should be a standard feature of the system.
+1 again.
We'd greatly appreciate this function being provided this year.
It's still a plus one for me!
+1

A review of this thread indicates I first supported the request to make the count-in setting song specific when this thread was created in 2015 and have continued to support the request throughout the thread history.

Will 2020 be the magic year this request is fulfilled? I certainly hope so.
I suspect there are other things that should be song specific. For instance number of bars per printed page in notation. It seems to be global, or perhaps even carried from previous song. Either way it's an issue.

We missed the delivery of that notably worthwhile feature in 2016, 2017, 2018 and again 2019.

Well, I have to admit that I still would like to see this feature implemented.
So another +1 from me.
Maybe 2020?
Yep, and agree that they should take a good look at the other features that should be song-specific. Global is fine as a starting point, and each new song can certainly inherit those settings, but once a song is changed to a different setting, those settings should apply to that song going forward, even as a new song starts its life with the default global settings. Clearly that means some changes to the MGU/SGU file format (which based on history, PGMusic would still make compatible with older versions of the software, so there's that challenge).

Just my $0.02 worth.
I'm starting to think Natural Arrangement should be off by default. I do realize that is one feature that IS song-specific. John, you are correct, we should consider what else should be song specific and perhaps construct a suggestion list.

Oh, and +1 again about the count-in. I don't use BIAB for live backing, but if I did, this would drive me crazy.

I'd still like to see this implemented as part of the count-in changes that match the beats of the first bar. Maybe others agree also?
Humbly, VideoTrack.
I'd still like to see this implemented as part of the count-in changes that match the beats of the first bar. Maybe others agree also?
Humbly, VideoTrack.

I totally agree.
+10000000000000000
+1

On to 2021 with this request.
Yes and yes!
I know there has been a lot of support for this, and, well, seeing that the development team might just be working on a new release soon, thought I might ask again (humbly).

I'm hoping that there is still support from the users, yes?
There are some very good ideas in this thread about what should be local.

Also, the count-in really needs to read the number of beats in the first bar, also mentioned here and elsewhere with unanimous support.

+1
COME ON PGMusic. Today is NOVEMBER 2020. PLEASE !!!!
Thanks PG Music Team for delivering this in the 2021 release. It's appreciated.

(One down, one to go grin )
I missed that one, Trevor. Very good news. Is it in the documentation?
Hi Matt, yes. Page 11 of the new features documentation that came with the beta testing. It's referred to as Custom Lead-in Option. Separately, I need to check a couple of other things related to this as well.
Thanks! And congratulations to you in recognition of your advocacy.
Congratulations humbly accepted blush Thanks.
Yeah, it’s fun when they adopt your idea, isn’t it.
© PG Music Forums