PG Music Home
This feature has not worked correctly for years:

a) If using MIDI only styles, there's an horrible pause between choruses which makes playalong with the program an impossible (and unmusical) task.
b) If using Realtracks, the program gets completely crazy when transposing.

Please, fix this useful feature.
+1
If it's a feature, it needs to operate correctly.
+1
+1

I discovered yesterday this does not work in a stable fashion.
+1

And I thought it was just me... go figure... laugh
And on my front I'd settle for having this feature at all wink
Bug reported to development, thanks Cerio!
Thanks
where can I find this feature?
CaptnB, welcome to the forum.

Window Menu, Practice Window, Transpose Songs, then adjust as desired in the pull-down for Each Time a Song is Loaded.
I'm using BiaB 2014. Just found that: MIDI > Thru transpose settings...

thanks anyway!
Originally Posted By: Cerio
This feature has not worked correctly for years:

a) If using MIDI only styles, there's an horrible pause between choruses which makes playalong with the program an impossible (and unmusical) task.
b) If using Realtracks, the program gets completely crazy when transposing.

Please, fix this useful feature.

Bump! smile
Still not fixed in 2018 frown
Lending another vote of support to have this corrected.
Bump.
This feature would have solved a user's problem just today.

Bump for repair.
+1

Looks like it's getting time for everyone to go through their wishlist request and bump the ones that are not corrected yet.
+1
yes please, see thread
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=496713
Still not fixed in v.2019
+1 BUMP
+1 Bump
+1 Bump. This is an important (and currently non-functioning feature). Even if users were prompted asking if it's ok if song can take a longer time to generate before playing, it'd be fine. It's not really a solution to manually copy choruses transposed multiple times when one wants to cycle through fifths, etc...

Please fix! (I really do like the software, BTW...)
At this point, they should remove this feature. Keeping a broken feature for years is simply not serious.
Originally Posted By: Cerio
At this point, they should remove this feature. Keeping a broken feature for years is simply not serious.

Remove it or Fix it. Don't leave more broken software laying around. That is simply extremely unproductive.
Hi all - as of April 4, 2019 we have bumped the fix request for this feature in house as well.
Thank you for your continued support!

+1 smile
Very good, thank you for letting us know, Alyssa. Your feedback to us on this kind of issue is very helpful.

If it helps, my memory of this feature is that it did work acceptably at one time. I don’t use it so I don’t know what happened, but I remember testing it prior to its new release.
True...this never worked. So i audio export one chorus in C changing the G7 last bar to Ab7 (prep for Db). Then bring that 1 chorus into another audio app that seamlessly transposes each play upward by a semitone. It works great..and the best we have for now. I was hoping that freezing tracks might help this in BIAB...but alas, it doesn't.
So, approx 2 yrs later, this feature is still kind of buggy.
Only just updated to BIAB 2021 (using 2008 version for years).
Just made a 4 bar practice track (midi, not realtracks) to learn a certain riff in all keys. BIAB transposes the last 2 beats of the last bar early.
A work-around was to add another bar, as a rest (or with just drums) at the end. That bar is transposed but no chord is sounded.
Then it plays correctly. But it does not render correctly as an audio file, nor even as a midi-file. No transposition in those files.

It should be possible to render in real time from midi with the changes: https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_ptwrender.htm.

That said, scripts in "Transcribe" can automatically transpose rendered audio:
https://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/scripts.html

This works rather well. Open the file, then drag the desired script onto the window. The scripts can be edited in Notepad.
+1
© PG Music Forums