PG Music Home
The 7 tracks in Mixer adopt the name of the RT instrument when you add in or sub. BUT when they are exported as wavs, they are labeled as per the original track names.
E.g. - I can sub an RT guitar into a track that was originally say piano. Mixer now says "guitar" Great, except when i export it, it says piano. Sigh!
Ian
+1
Yes, this was reported. It's an unintended consequence of making the actual names available in the Mixer. When the new mixer was developed, we discussed how there were a few loose ends to be worked on, and your post is a good reminder. Dr. Gannon did acknowledge that there were more refinements to be done.

+1
I set it back to the old setting; better to have it wrong everywhere consistently!
There's possibly a few places that the legacy names still are presented.
+1 for the change!
+1

I've disabled the track naming feature because of the erratic way it presently works. The feature would be very useful if it worked correctly.

This year PG Music has addressed many issues based on forum feedback. Hopefully tbis issue will be addressed in the next update.
I posted that request a while back. I ticks me off that the .wav files don't match the name of the track for the song you are creating, they just go to the default names. However, I can see where this becomes and issue when you put a bunch different solo instruments onto one track like I did yesterday.
+1
Good ideas. If there are additional examples of where the old track names are still used, please let me know
© PG Music Forums