PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander More varied (and USER CONTROLLED) Holds - 08/25/16 10:07 PM
Just off the top of my head, some ideas in random order:

Guitars - Reversed (upward?) strum holds
Guitars - Plucked holds
Keys - "Limited" holds (i.e. not every single bloomin' note of a 5-note chord)
Keys - "Strum"-like (arpeggiated?) holds, particularly in slow tempo
Drums - Rolls (I know there's a 'proper' word for this, just don't remember), and not just snare but also ride, hi-hat etc

But first & foremost: USER CHOICE!!
Posted By: Cerio Re: More varied (and USER CONTROLLED) Holds - 08/25/16 10:19 PM
+1
Posted By: Pipeline Re: More varied (and USER CONTROLLED) Holds - 08/28/16 12:07 AM
Yes Customization, that sounds good to me.

It's all doable, I know when I make usertracks I do that to have a lot of different endings available.

The Holds now just have 1 hold and 4 shots that that program chooses from. I remember before they had holds I had to create an ending in the chord I needed then copy and paste it for a hold.

In the Tips n Tricks somewhere there is a Drums Solos, fills, Intros and long Endings.

and actually there are some on
www.realband.org/drums.html
www.realband.org/tutorial-drums1.html
+1
All versatile ideas.
+1 for subtle holds and not only basic ones
Thanks for the suggestion Icelander! Noted smile
+1. I really like the idea for the guitar upward strum holds and agree more variety for holds is welcome.
Good ideas.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Good ideas.
You heard the man! cool

This thread is over 5 years old, btw... whistle
Posted By: Pipeline Re: More varied (and USER CONTROLLED) Holds - 09/26/21 06:10 AM
I heard you ! and added a slow Holds option
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/test_files/instruments/guitar/Holds/Guitar,%20Nylon,%20Holds%204-4%20100bpm/
and put drum riffs in the drums.
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/test_files/drums/Drums,%20Rock%2003%20Ev8%204-4%20120bpm/

I posted something recently in the wishlist multi pattern style realtracks, but what you posted way back then is what can be implemented within as a realtrack instrument substyle so you can create up the track how you like with not just an A part, B part or hold but a variety of patterns like strumming/arpeggio/picking/muted/hold/slow hold.... all in the same recorded instrument so it blends perfectly from substyle to substyle, it's all recorded at the same time, same level, not holds created afterwards at the PG shop or using existing holds from the same type guitar.
Yes, good ideas, and we can still hope. Some things take longer than others.

Again, +1
+1 For more variety and user control of the holds and shots in RealTracks.

+1 While we're on the subject of holds and user control, lets add more variety and user control to UserTracks by adding holds and shots!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: More varied (and USER CONTROLLED) Holds - 09/26/21 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
...+1 While we're on the subject of holds and user control, lets add more variety and user control to UserTracks by adding holds and shots!

+1 for the millionth time !
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Some things take longer than others.
Now, there's the ultimate understatement of the weekend, if not the week... month! grin
Yes, that's disappointing for me too. i would hope that some of the great ideas and suggestions got better and faster traction.
© PG Music Forums