PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt Finley Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/16/17 11:21 PM
I would like to be able to change the timebase of RealTracks within the track (RealDrums, too).

Background: BIAB 2017 introduced a new feature I had requested: the ability to select the timebase (normal, half-time, double-time, or triple-time) to RealDrums. Hurray! This feature was already present in RealTracks. For the first time, I can fully construct a jazz samba song at tempos around 100 instead of the BIAB-preferred samba style tempo of 190. This gets me a cut-time feel.

Why this particular request?

I wrote a song tonight in which I wanted the band to play the A section double-time except for the bass, which was playing at timebase normal. Then I wanted a double-time bass in the B section. This is not yet possible on one track. The workaround is to use two bass tracks, and set one to normal and the other to double-time, muting each as needed. It works, but it would be much easier if the timebase were an option in Bar Settings.

I would think this must be possible, since it can be simulated by using the same RealTrack in two tracks.

Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/17/17 01:44 AM
Excellent suggestion and improved and more versatile use of the new "double-time" feature.
+1
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/17/17 03:00 AM
I agree. This would be very useful.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/17/17 09:18 AM
+1 for sure!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/17/17 05:06 PM
+1

The addition of changing the track timebase down to the bar would make RealTracks more useful and reduce workflow by avoiding duplication.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 02/18/17 08:27 AM
+1 for this useful feature
+100! I have several songs where this would be helpful.
Thanks for bumping this thread from 2017.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 08/22/20 05:45 PM
A three year late +1.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 08/22/20 06:50 PM
I'm more than pleased to give it another thumbs-up. Great idea.

+1
Posted By: Brille Re: Add Track timebase to F5 Bar Settings - 08/27/20 06:28 AM
+1! This would be very useful!
© PG Music Forums