PG Music Home
Premise: Many play by ear and have limited knowledge of what the chord they're playing is actually called. An "insert chord from keyboard/device" type of feature (within the Chord Builder maybe?) could go a long way to simplify and streamline workflow if implemented.
And before you say it, I know we already got the 'import chords from file' thing, but it's a much slower method for one thing, and highly unreliable in terms of accurate results to boot. Accepting my chord straight from device would be so, so much easier.
Does the Mac version have Window, MIDI Chord Detection?
Of course not, for by the sound of it that would be precisely what I'm suggesting here, wouldn't it smirk
Now you know what to ask for. This is one of my favorite features of BIAB.
Indeed. Consider it added into that seemingly endless pile that falls under the "Catch us up already!" section, then,

p.s. Btw, I deliberately stopped reading/watching anything that lists the PC features years ago, so you'll excuse my ignorance about this one. Thanks for the input.
Eddie,

May I suggest you modify the thread heading to indicate your suggestion is for the Mac software.

+1. I'm all for the Mac and PC versions being the same as much as possible.
RapidComposer will let you do that, from a pallet, midi keyboard or Mac keyboard, as well as suggestions or dice.
You can do live on the fly chord entry from midi keys and it will transform the tracks as you play.

Attached picture RC_Chord_Entry.jpg
Attached picture RC_Live-Chords.jpg
Attached picture RC-Mac-Chord-Entry.png
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
RapidComposer will let you do that.
Well sure, there are loads of music programs that "will let you do that". I hardly thought I was inventing the concept here, you know. It just so happens that (for the Mac) Band-in-a-Box isn't one of them smirk

What is it with you and RapidComposer anyway, it's in practically every other of your posts lately laugh
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie,
May I suggest you modify the thread heading to indicate your suggestion is for the Mac software.
+1. I'm all for the Mac and PC versions being the same as much as possible.
While I'm very glad for your +1 and general support, I have to say I'm far less thrilled about the "change thread header" idea. Or have you ever come across a "I'd like you to add this to the PC version of BBox" kind of post around this place? Of course not wink
It's already established firmly enough earlier in this thread that this falls very much into the "Catch us up" category (I just didn't know it at the time of posting), which should be enough.

And then, regarding Mac-specific (or lack thereof) in general, there's always THIS:
Originally Posted By: Icelander
...What is it with you and RapidComposer anyway, it's in practically every other of your posts lately laugh

I suppose it's a bit like all those post I do for free SFZs that would irritate a lot of uses, hey ?

Re: RC It is basically the color of it that really turns me on.

The second reason is it that it integrates with Biab as you can load the chord track from BB>RC RC>BB, it loads as a vst in Mac BB, it expands the capabilities of BB no end.
It solves a lot of problems and wishes that may take centuries to eventuate in BB, if at all, lowers the blood pressure and stress levels than trying to use BB alone..
It integrates, as I asked RC to add and fix a lot of things and they just did it, overnight in most cases.
Mind you it is just another "option" that may be use by you or anyone else that finds this page and reads this post after doing a google or local search.
This is helping others by giving them "options" that they may never get with BB alone.

How many post do you want me to show you with users that purchased RC but could not work out how to use it but once I posted guides they now use it with BB and are very thankful.

"...What is it with you and RapidComposer anyway ?"
It may very well go over the top of a lot of uses heads and they may very well criticize what they can't understand, but he who has ears will hear.
One only needs to go back in time in this here forum and look at suggestions and ides that were knocked and ridiculed at the time only to be now major features within Biab. I have a had personal experience with this so many times going way way way back.

You also have the option, yes another option, of totally ignoring the ravings of some crazy man crazy or, another option, take a crazy wild risky ride into the unknown shocked

I suppose it's a bit like all those post I do for free SFZs that would irritate a lot of uses, hey?
Irritate? Certainly not me, I say keep'em coming, buddy cool

And absolutely a big fair enuff on the rest of that reply, warts & all. I was only curious of why you seem so invested in this one, particular 3rd-party product... so just I had to poke wink
I suspect Pipeline is as invested in Rapid Composer as many users on the forum are in Sonar over RealBand, for example.

I think it's all good, as it gives us lots of options to consider, whether we use them or not.
Things getting a bit overly defensive without cause here, me thinks, but again fair enuff smile
Actually there is a Sonar OS X Alpha now.

But here's some more RapidComposer Biab-RapidComposer-Ample Bass Win/Mac
Actually there is a Sonar OS X Alpha now.

I must have missed that announcement. I thought it wasn't released for trial yet.
I feel like this thread has rather been hijacked! grin
http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChordAnalyzer

Guesses chord names based on MIDI input, or from clicked notes on the keyboard display. You can copy the chord for pasting into midiChords (or as plain text).
Now, this one seems interesting... smile
Guess what, now that I'm on the 2017 version, I've actually found the very feature that started this whole thread!
It even looks like it may have been in there all along and I just wasn't aware of it for its obscure location shocked
Is it located where I told you to look, or is it somewhere else in the Mac version?
Somewhere completely different, I never even thought to look there crazy

And just to close this up, the hiarchy is: Options/Midi Patch maps etc/Insert current Midi chord
Thanks, very interesting. I can see why you found that to be somewhat obscure. Related, I always wondered on the PC why it was in the Windows menu.

It's a terrific function, one I use all the time. I even listed it when PG staff asked us to identify our favorite BIAB feature.
Well sure, I'll be using it from now on, no question! cool
© PG Music Forums