PG Music Home
Does anyone else have this problem? Keyboards seem to have a lot of trouble providing a 7th chord. This applies to both acoustic and electric keyboards. When they try to generate a 7th chord (such as "G7" - minus quotes), I often get something that has no musicaL description other than "What the heck is that?" It sounds like a three-year old picking up a guitar and playing random, dischordant notes. This happens to me fairly often, maybe 20% of the time. Repeated song regenerations don't usually help, although occasionally they do. The other instruments do fine, but the keys are atrocious.

I have no problem with the keys making correct Major7ths, Minor7ths, etc. However, simple 7th chords are sometimes a real nightmare! Does this happen to anyone else?

If there really is an issue with BIAB creating these chords, I wish they's address it. If it's on my end ... I need help!

Thanks

Alan
Alan,

By default, BIAB automatically embellishes chords. It sounds like this is what is happening. This can be deactivated by right-clicking the chordsheet and selecting "Song Settings" and enabling "Force Song To Simple Arrangement" (#1 on below image). This causes BIAB not to embellish the chords.

There are a couple of other settings that can also help smooth the sound.

Highlighted below are the settings (in Song Settings) that I usually use for my songs.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attached picture force simple arrangement.JPG
Noel,

I'll try that. Thanks a bunch. I'll do as you said on a couple of tracks later today with which I am having that problem. I'll get back to and let you know the results.

Alan
Alan, a little narrowing down might help here. Is this happening on all RealTracks for keyboard? Can you give an example we could duplicate? Does it happen on all songs?

What style is loaded? A few avoid the 7th.

Did you try Return to Factory Settings?
Hi Matt,

Thanks for jumping in. I'll get back to you later today with all your asked. have a lot to do between now and then ... didn't want you to think I was ignoring you or I didn't see this. back to you later!

Uh, one question I can answer now - it happens only on keys and acoustic guitars, mostly on keys.

Ok, back later.

ALan
© PG Music Forums