PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/17/17 06:01 AM
Many other programs I have, have a menu for the undo option. I can select to undo only certain things I did before I did the last I did. I miss this in BB... Please give us this option in BB !

For example; I export a track to the dropbox. Then I delete this track and import again same track from the drag-drop folder to another track. Then I realize I should not have deleted it from the original track. Can undo, but then I first have to undo the import first, then the delete. Then I have to repeat the import again. Got me?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/17/17 09:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Many other programs I have, have a menu for the undo option. I can select to undo only certain things I did before I did the last I did. I miss this in BB... Please give us this option in BB !

For example; I export a track to the dropbox. Then I delete this track and import again same track from the drag-drop folder to another track. Then I realize I should not have deleted it from the original track. Can undo, but then I first have to undo the import first, then the delete. Then I have to repeat the import again. Got me?

In an editing type program such as BiaB, undo generally has to work in reverse chronological order. I don't know of many editing programs that can skip back and only undo earlier steps while bypassing intervening steps that were performed at a later time. Can you nominate some of the other programs that you have that can do this?
Posted By: rharv Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/17/17 10:56 AM
Adobe does this. It's more a 'History' than an undo though..
you don't really selectively 'undo', you go back to a given point
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/17/17 05:56 PM
And thank goodness, for my Photoshop skills frequently need the ability to roll back. But their rollback is also consecutive, one step at a time.

Programming software to pick and choose what prior steps to apply seems beyond the current state of the art.

Nevertheless, this IS the Wishlist, so the sky is the limit. I support the idea, while thinking it impractical at present.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/18/17 02:47 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Can you nominate some of the other programs that you have that can do this?

Sorry, my memory is overloaded and damaged, so I need to buy more RAM first...;)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/18/17 08:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Can you nominate some of the other programs that you have that can do this?

Sorry, my memory is overloaded and damaged, so I need to buy more RAM first...;)

Well, at least we can all have a laugh grin
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Improve the Undo Option ! - 06/18/17 03:50 PM
I've been using lots of commercial and custom software since 1978 and I have never seen what the OP has requested. Closest I can think of is Adobe which tracks history and then lets you do multiple undo operations, in order, to get back to a selected point in the history.

Given how uncommon and complex the requested undo is I would give this request a -1.
© PG Music Forums