PG Music Home
It's great to be able to scroll through stylepicker styles and audition them. Would be even better if you could solo say the guitar or the bass or drums from any style as you were auditioning. The mixer is out of action whilst you are in the stylepicker page I believe.

If you could solo particular instruments from each style as you were auditioning that would be great. Maybe incorporate a special mini-mixer into the stylepicker page itself?
This is a good idea that has been raised before but not in awhile.

+1
Great idea, and might be achieved easily if the StylePicker display was made non-modal.
+1
All the Style Demos are in x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio
and they are just stereo files, you would need multichannel wma/m4a to preview each channel separately.

The RealTrack demos are in :\bb\RealTracks - Demos
they are solo or with band, you could have a button to preview each instrument but they are from one particular Style though.

x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\RealDrums Demos Audio

View Full Screen

Attached File
Hi Pipeline

That is just what I was looking for. How can I make my Stylepicker page operate like your page view?

Cheers

Tony
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
That is just what I was looking for. How can I make my Stylepicker page operate like your page view?

Tony

Sadly, I don't think you can. I think (I hope I'm wrong though) that this is Pipeline's skillful mock-up of how such a feature could be presented. It does certainly look like a fantastic way to deliver the functionality. Boy do I ever hope I'm wrong about the mock-up.
Trev
Yes it is just an artist impression, But doable and PG can implement it if they choose as it is not hard to do, just read the Real instruments in the style and link the Play button to the :\bb\RealTracks - Demos\Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085 #518 solo.wma

Or for now you can run 2 or more instances of BB (see in Prefs.)

typing the RealTrack number from the StylePicker in the filter of the RealTrack picker.

View Full Screen

Attached File
See this post for a more universal way :

Soloing an instrument in the stylepicker.

The advantage is that we could not only listen for one single track, but also for combination of several tracks: for example, listen for Drums and Bass, or Piano and guitar, or guitar1 and guitar2,...

Furthermore, it would be more universal tool because it could also apply to MIDI tracks.
Don't forget MIDI because many users use it and we have not RealTracks for all the styles existing in MIDI.
Excellent thoughts on how to do this Pipeline. But I was thinking there might be an even easier way that is already complete for the most part.

How about a button on each style in the list that opens the "Select RealTracks [In Song:xyz etc.]" window?
(this is the window you get when you click a RealTrack in the mixer, hover over Select RealTracks and click the first option in the flyout menu.)

I realize this might represent one additional step as you are previewing styles but maybe they could make it a stay-on-top window so it keeps refreshing each time you click a style. They also might need to remove the stuff at the bottom of this window for use in this context.

Full Size
Yes sure, either way BB will need to generate up to preview.
You could also have a button (yes another button in BB)
"Open Current Song with Style in new BB instance"
so it would open your current (and maybe a browse button) song.sgu as song_temp001_Style_XXXXX.sgu change the style inside the sgu then open in a new BB instance in DAW Mode size (small, always on top) with the mixer open.
Listen, Close (or keep that BB instance with that "Maybe" Style, Open), Try the next, you may then have a few instances open with different styles to your song, maybe move this instrument in this Style to the other Style, maybe those Drums will sound better in the other Style ????
Thanks for suggestions. The only way I can work it is to make a very short song sheet say 4 or 8 bars so it is quick to generate the song. Now take a style from Stylepicker and OK so that style will play and you can solo or mute instruments in the moxer. Then call up stylepicker and try another one out. However it is nowhere near as neat or quick as Pipeline's mock-up. I think the developers should bring his mock-up page into reality as this such a cool and quick method of auditioning parts.
There needs to be a constant Beta version with things like this added and tested overnight, But here it just takes sooooo long, years even to get things added that the interest and momentum is lost. If I had the code and could program that's what I would be doing.
The guy that Developed RapidComposer has the Beta forum where he is there engaging, communicating on a daily basis with the Beta testers that find bugs or suggest new features that are fixed or added overnight, the momentum just flows in a positive constructive way. I really think it should be like that here so you don't feel as though your time is wasted wishing down a well
I can't dispute that as an admirable wish.

You haven't been here long enough perhaps to see many of your ideas (and you have great ones) come to fruition, but I have. Yes, it's too slow, but it does happen. Thanks for all your contributions, Pipeline.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
There needs to be a constant Beta version with things like this added and tested overnight, But here it just takes sooooo long, years even to get things added that the interest and momentum is lost. If I had the code and could program that's what I would be doing.
The guy that Developed RapidComposer has the Beta forum where he is there engaging, communicating on a daily basis with the Beta testers that find bugs or suggest new features that are fixed or added overnight, the momentum just flows in a positive constructive way. I really think it should be like that here so you don't feel as though your time is wasted wishing down a well

+1000000

RapidComposer is a perfect example of how a complex program with a tiny dev team can be far more engaged with and responsive to their users! Maybe the culture at PG just cannot work in this fashion. Too bad.
Originally Posted By: funkycornwall
It's great to be able to scroll through stylepicker styles and audition them. Would be even better if you could solo say the guitar or the bass or drums from any style as you were auditioning. The mixer is out of action whilst you are in the stylepicker page I believe.

If you could solo particular instruments from each style as you were auditioning that would be great. Maybe incorporate a special mini-mixer into the stylepicker page itself?

+1
+1
+1
+1 My number one request. It's been brought up numerous times. Has PG ever responded as to the possibility of this being implemented?
+1
+1. It would be very convenient to be able to solo the individual instruments.
+1
Soloing is now possible in 2018.

1. Click on the "..." to the right of the Realtrack in Stylepicker's mixer.

2. Select "Track Settings".

Attached picture soloing in stylepicker 2018.JPG
Thank you Noel for pointing that out. Thanks PG Music for implementing the feature! WOW, who would've thought. laugh
It's a step in the right direction I guess, but I still don't see a way to adjust volume, panning, and reverb of each track.
Why can't they just make the mixer window active while style picker is open?
Originally Posted By: dave4068
It's a step in the right direction I guess, but I still don't see a way to adjust volume, panning, and reverb of each track.
Why can't they just make the mixer window active while style picker is open?

Yes, I would've thought that was possible. It would solve the requirement.
I didn't see Pipeline's pit in this thread, it's brilliant, as usual.

But still more useful than that, it would be to solo one instrument of the stylepicker AND hear it on the context of your song.

That would be an excellent way of finding the right real track for your song
Originally Posted By: Cerio
...solo one instrument of the stylepicker AND hear it on the context of your song.

+1
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Originally Posted By: Cerio
...solo one instrument of the stylepicker AND hear it on the context of your song.

+1

Another +1
+1 as well.

Glad to see that some progress has been made, and looking forward to seeing it taken even further in future.
© PG Music Forums