PG Music Home
I read specs of 2018 and see there is small enhancement to audio editor. but maybe biab can enhance so it support ARA interface and melodyne. some DAW support this. waveform tracktion cost 99$ and have a ARA interface support and cheapest melodyne build in the bundle. and if a user like edit more he can buy update to melodyne

The ARA interface allow direct access to audio data, so melodyne can work in as a buildin editor. with cheapest melodyn bundle it is possible to rearrange the real tracks too. because BIAB is mostly audio based tracks, the ability to reslice or change note number is important to make more creative songs with real tracks
If it were possible it would be a worthwhile addition. Of course, my understanding is that most people use Melodyne in a DAW.
This would be even more desirable now that ARA 2 supports CHORD TRACKS!'

from the wiki -

"Version 2 of ARA was announced during NAMM in January 2018, introducing new features such as the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, transfer of chord track information, and undo synchronization with the DAW."
I find Melodyne great for tweaking BIAB real tracks, especially changing notes of soloists, and great making custom basslines, etc.

But I wonder how easily it could work inside BIAB via ARA instead of just using DAW+ARA as people now do, and is readily available. I assume anyone who has bought Melodyne already has and uses a DAW, so just like many features of a DAW that BIAB lacks, are we trying to force Melodyne to do things it was not designed to do?

Still - if ARA was available in BIAB I would certainly use it. But the track would have to be frozen, and then "transfered" into Melodyne ARA and then never unfrozen because Melodyne ARA keeps a location of the altered material at specific time-points and if anything is changed or moved it screws up. You couldn't change the arrangement, add an intro, or something before it without re-doing Melodyne edits.
Although this does not affect my workflow I can see benefits for those whom use RTs in BiaB so

+1

PS - I have also changed RT notes in Melodyne, but in my DAW.
+1 for ARA2 integration with Band-in-a-Band.
+1for Ara support
It seems to work fine on BB tracks in Reaper using the BB track injector from the Biab forum, giving full control of what you need and infinitely variable.
You can use melodyne and still be able to change any section/slice of track any time as well as lengthen/shorten any riff as it's using the source files, this gives way more control than just getting what BB gives.

Attached picture Melodyne-Reaper-BB-Track.png
© PG Music Forums