PG Music Home
Posted By: mikeandpat Chords - 12/24/17 07:57 PM
And a Happy Christmas to you all.
My question:
There is a guitar fretboard display. Why can't I click on the strings to show biab the voicing that I want my chords to take? For instance if I want to use a chord progression Em7, Em6, Em+b13, Em, biab can't recognise Em+b13 and will only accept Cmaj7/E, which is not the voicing I need, since it doesn't get the walk down notes E, C#, C, B, on the B string.
Also,there are many occasions where I would prefer to use barre chords rather than open. Is there a way?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Chords - 12/24/17 08:54 PM
mikeandpat,

Welcome to the forums.

With Realtracks, these are audio recordings of studio musicians' playing. The recording is then mapped so that the various chords played are identified. When BIAB creates a backing track, it locates the required chords in the recording and then copies and splices a track together. If a particular user-entered chord is not present in the audio recording, a suitable substitute is used.

In other words, the backing tracks are created from sections of pre-recorded audio and not from chords that are built up note by note. Current BIAB technology does not allow a user to have the control that you seek.

What you could do, though, is to record your own guitar playing and then create an acidized loop from this. Alternatively, you could make your own user tracks based on your own playing that BIAB could use to build backing tracks.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: mikeandpat Re: Chords - 12/25/17 06:23 PM
Thanks Noel.
© PG Music Forums