PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 06:59 AM
As it is today, only the notes will be affected by this. But the chords remain the same.. This, in my experience, just destroy the song, as the chords will not be right for the bars anymore... So, insert or delete a bar should move or back-move also the chords accordingly, together with the notes...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 08:05 AM
Quote:
As it is today, only the notes will be affected by this. But the chords remain the same.. This, in my experience, just destroy the song, as the chords will not be right for the bars anymore... So, insert or delete a bar should move or back-move also the chords accordingly, together with the notes...

Trygve,

I'm not sure what you're meaning, when I insert a bar, the chord moves forward to allow for the insertion.

Inserting a bar adds them to the left of the bar that was clicked on.

For example, put an F chord on bar 2. Now right-click on bar 2 and select "insert bars" and type in '3' so that three bars are inserted. The F chord moves to bar 5 to accommodate the three bars of inserted chords.

Doesn't it work like this for you?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MikeK Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 08:20 AM
No issues here either. Maybe the problem needs more clarification? Maybe an audio example?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 10:27 AM
Leo, perhaps give us your exact actions, step by step?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 12:23 PM
Leo, the only time that happens if when the tracks are frozen. Even one frozen track will mess things up. When nothing is frozen all is fine.
YMMV

{edit} at least that is what happens here.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 01:50 PM
I will add that I try never to change the form of a song with a Tag. The melody and soloist tracks can get mighty confused. I always make sure the song form is correct (number of choruses, add or delete bars etc.) before adding a Tag.

Is this relevant? That's one of the reasons I asked for your steps.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/06/18 11:53 PM
Thank's for responding guys.. What I probably have misunderstand here is that I do the insert bar from the edit melody menu and NOT from the right click on the bar meny. I tried what Noel suggested now, and it worked. Sorry. My mistake...:)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/07/18 12:26 AM
If the feature doesn't perform the same then that in itself is an issue.

Can you give the step-by-step of what you do where it doesn't work so others can duplicate, verify and report to the developers?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/07/18 04:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Thank's for responding guys.. What I probably have misunderstand here is that I do the insert bar from the edit melody menu and NOT from the right click on the bar menu.

Trygve,

If you've been using "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Quantize, Time adjust | Insert beats" to add bars, this process is ONLY related to the melody and is used for time-shifting and aligning a melody with chords. That could explain what you experienced.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Enhance the insert or delete bars - 02/08/18 03:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96

Trygve,

If you've been using "Melody | Edit Melody Track | Quantize, Time adjust | Insert beats" to add bars, this process is ONLY related to the melody and is used for time-shifting and aligning a melody with chords. That could explain what you experienced.

Regards,
Noel
Yes, that is exactly what I was doing... No wonder it did not work the way i was thinking...;) But I always learn more of the details by posting here...;) Thank's again all of u great guys....
© PG Music Forums