PG Music Home
I often find myself having to use UNDO simply because i have accidentally pressed a key - causing the first chord in the arrangement being corrupted.

iReal Pro has two modes - EDIT and PLAY which prevent this. It would be good to just have a chord-edit-lock checkbox somewhere which could be clicked when one wants to make sure no accidental typing etc causes the progression to be lost.
I agree. I've done that.

+1
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I agree. I've done that.

+1

Been there - done that also!

+1
+1
It could be useful !
Excellent idea. Definitely +1
YES! +1!
I've done that also, but how hard is it to use Undo? 2 clicks, very quick. I usually click Save after every 8 bars so nothing is lost.
Originally Posted By: nonchai
I often find myself having to use UNDO simply because i have accidentally pressed a key - causing the first chord in the arrangement being corrupted.

iReal Pro has two modes - EDIT and PLAY which prevent this. It would be good to just have a chord-edit-lock checkbox somewhere which could be clicked when one wants to make sure no accidental typing etc causes the progression to be lost.

That's a good idea, but to me, using UNDO is not (shouldn't be) really a problem in those cases. The real problem to me is that UNDO doesn't work for some very basic operations (for example, style or realdrums changes)

So, my vote goes for getting the UNDO feature fixed in the first place.
You can only Undo if you notice the change. Sometimes it takes playing through the song and hearing a WHAT WAS THAT? to realize what happened. It isn’t always at the beginning of the song or even section. I would very much appreciate having a Lock.
nochai,

+1. A sensitive keyboard and thick fingers means errors happen a lot in my case! Good idea.
Cerio,

I think your suggestion for changing the way UNDO works is worthy of support and discussion. I hope you will create a post featuring the suggestion so it can have its own showcase.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
You can only Undo if you notice the change. Sometimes it takes playing through the song and hearing a WHAT WAS THAT? to realize what happened. It isn’t always at the beginning of the song or even section. I would very much appreciate having a Lock.

Yes, now I understand, you're right. +1 to the OP.

Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Cerio,

I think your suggestion for changing the way UNDO works is worthy of support and discussion. I hope you will create a post featuring the suggestion so it can have its own showcase.

I will do smile
And I’ll support Cerio’s suggestion about Undo when it’s posted.

Undo should undo whatever. And if there is a function where it can’t undo for some technical reason, then there should be a ‘Caution - can’t undo’ message and a request to confirm the action.
This would be an extremely valuable feature. Non-Linear Editors in the Video industry have always allowed the user to lock/unlock tracks to protect the data content.

Attached picture 2018-02-17_12-43-03.jpg
+1
+1 (for Cerio as well, a "Revert to saved" kind of way would be just the thing, especially when you forgot to freeze some track that before you know it then gets re-rendered without you wanting it to)
© PG Music Forums