PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul updates - 03/28/18 02:01 AM
hello
i have been in touch with pg music support regarding a problem i have with biab . i have received a reply saying that it is been looked into and to keep a look out for any updates.

would it be possible to show any on going updates progress on the forum pages. this would at least let people know at what stage the update is at and how long it may take.

i reported my problem a few week ago but other than the original reply i got, i dont know whats happening(has it been overlooked etc) its just nice to know whats happening without having to pester pg music to ask whats happening all the time.
thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: updates - 03/28/18 02:59 AM
What is the fix you are waiting for ?
Posted By: paulpaul Re: updates - 03/28/18 07:20 AM
pipeline

regarding lst file/hybrid stlyle
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=67746&Number=461761#Post461761

i got reply from pg
Hello Paul,

This issue has been reported to and confirmed by the developers. We are just waiting on them for a fix. Please keep an eye on the support page of our website for any build updates that address this issue.

Thank you,
Alyssa
PG Music Inc.
Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence with your reply.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: updates - 03/28/18 07:28 AM
Good, that's the one I thought you were after, that should be released soon, they just need to test it out first:

• Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
  • Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: updates - 03/28/18 04:02 PM
Paul, you probably know this, but check the support page frequently instead of checking for updates within the program. The program doesn’t report beta versions, and PG Music considers each new update a beta version.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: updates - 03/28/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Good, that's the one I thought you were after, that should be released soon, they just need to test it out first:

• Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
  • Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.

pipeline

i havent seen the
]Fixed: "BBW.LST not found" errors when using the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
[*]Fixed: The [.STY] button in the Hybrid Style maker dialog.
  • [/quote][/color]
    where do i find that information please.
  • Posted By: paulpaul Re: updates - 03/28/18 10:33 PM
    Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
    Paul, you probably know this, but check the support page frequently instead of checking for updates within the program. The program doesn’t report beta versions, and PG Music considers each new update a beta version.

Matt

Thanks for input.
    i do check the support page when i check in to biab.
    what i really meant in my post was.
    would it be possible for pg music to keep all users informed of progress of any ongoing updates and what subjects the updates may include.
    obviously there is an update already in progress but other than myself no biab users would be aware that an update was ongoing.
    just nice to know whats happening and how long it may take rather than an email saying "keep a look out for future updates"
    its only a wish haha

thanks again for your time.
    Posted By: Pipeline Re: updates - 03/28/18 10:42 PM
    Beta testers get to test out the Beta versions, it will be released to the public soon. I did give you a very easy solution http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461985#Post461985 that should of worked.
    Posted By: paulpaul Re: updates - 03/28/18 11:00 PM
    Beta testers get to test out the Beta versions, it will be released to the public soon. I did give you a very easy solution http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461985#Post461985 that should of worked.

pipeline yes i tried your info with the symbolic link but it didnt work(i should have had the decency to respond ,sorry about that.

my original post here is not really specifically about my problem,it was meant to be a wish for better information from pg on ongoing updates.
    im just a bit rubbish at explaining myself hah.

pipeline, i just realised, youre a beta tester,at least i understand that bit now haha
    thanks
    Posted By: Dave Re: updates - 03/30/18 10:13 AM
    I don't think PGM has reported back to individuals about the status of updates. I reported a problem years ago related to notation, and Peter Gannon replied that it would be fixed. It never was, and it was never mentioned again.

Best to look for a work around.

A few weeks ago there was a post here about holding a chord in the last bar of a song. Several users responded with the work around that we have used for many years, only to have Kent, from PGM, reply that the problem had been fixed years ago.

So don't worry if you don't get an answer. Find the work around, and use it. Go back once in a while and see if it has been fixed - you never know
    Posted By: Matt Finley Re: updates - 03/30/18 02:24 PM
    Good advice, Dave. I explained that one workaround and was very surprised by Kent’s revelation. But what is your notation issue? Let’s give it another shot. I think the problem reporting performance is working better now than ever before.
    Posted By: Pipeline Re: updates - 03/30/18 05:41 PM
    Originally Posted By: paulpaul

pipeline yes i tried your info with the symbolic link but it didnt work(i should have had the decency to respond ,sorry about that.
    thanks

So what part didn't work ?
    © PG Music Forums