PG Music Home
Posted By: George Nelson Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 09:13 AM
Hi,

I would like an enhancement to the Stylepicker.

Where there is at present, a play and stop function, to hear your chord progression, would it be possible to add a Next and a Previous function.

This would help without moving your mouse to and fro from the selection of a Style back to the play Button.

This would be very helpful when trying out various styles for a new song.

There appears to be room to add the buttons for this function.

George
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 11:01 AM
That could be helpful.

+1
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 11:01 AM
Very useful idea, George.

+1
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 03:16 PM
+1
It could be useful.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 05:51 PM
Great idea

+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/18/18 11:30 PM
+1
Posted By: MikeK Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/19/18 09:28 AM
+1
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/19/18 02:11 PM
<<< would it be possible to add a Next and a Previous function? This would help without moving your mouse to and fro from the selection of a Style back to the play Button. >>>

I'm missing something in this request.

When I'm auditioning styles in the Stylepicker, after hitting either play button, whether it be to audition the style demo or the style over my chord progression, if I hit the up or down arrow on my keyboard, the highlighted blue selection of the current selected style cycles to the previous or next style and hitting play prompts the new style to begin playing. If I hit the up page or down page, the blue highlighted selection jumps to the respective top or bottom of the displayed page and if I select the Home or End button on my keyboard, the blue highlighted selection jumps to the correlating top or bottom of the current style list.

Is this request to cycle to the previous or next function without the need to use the stop and play buttons?
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/20/18 05:37 AM
Hi Charlie,

I think that it would be easier to just click on a button rather than taking your hand off the mouse to press the up/down arrow on your keyboard which could become tedious after a while.

I also assume you have the use of both your hands to do the selection of the up/dowm arrow.

Well I don't (stroke).

George
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Stylepicker enhancement - 04/20/18 08:14 AM
<<< Well I don't (stroke). >>

That would be the something I'm missing in your request. Now having that knowledge, your request makes perfect sense and I'd like to add my 100% plus one to the wishlist request. You're likely not the only forum member that buttons would make a difference for and I'd not thought of that. My reading of the request was purely in a technical and time saving manner.
© PG Music Forums