PG Music Home
Forum user, Pipeline, has created a wonderful Band-in-a-Box for Windows accessory application he has named the BiaB Chord Picker Tool. The tool is available +++ HERE +++ . Pipeline indicated he's hoping to develop a similar application for Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

The BiaB Chord Picker Tool saves keystrokes by sequentially entering a multi-stroke chord name into the chord chart at the single press of a button.

The tool can be user modified to automatically enter ANY multi-stroke keyboard combination at the press of a single key.

My request is for PG Music to include the tool with the next Band-in-a-Box release. By then the tool should be out of beta testing. This gives users that do not frequent the forum the opportunity to use the tool. The tool could be included as a free bonus.

Long term I would like to see the tool integrated into Band-in-a-Box. There could be a checkbox option to automatically start the tool whenever the chord sheet window is open. Perhaps there can be an icon on the control panel.
+1

And be sure to give Pipeline his next couple of upgrades at no cost!!
Absolutely +1 !!!
I agree it’s a great addition
+1
+1
Seems like an excellent idea.
+1 from me too.
So, it's a way to do multiple functions at the same time? I can add a G7 chord and a shot at the same time with on key command?
Absolutely +1 !!!
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
So, it's a way to do multiple functions at the same time? I can add a G7 chord and a shot at the same time with on key command?

Yes it will do all that, just got to use a cross-platform programing like Java.

I should be able to do everything it needs in Java like send keystrokes, make GUI Always On Top.
You can try this and see if it runs ok on your Mac, you may have to right click > Open > Yes Open.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6dixqurignenai/TabbedPaneDemo_Win_Mac.jar?dl=1
You should just get the Java GUI Tabs below.

Anyone with a Mac let me know if that runs ok on your variety of Cat or Mountain Range, as it might not run on this week's Mac.

But, PG could make this quite easily for Mac & Win, and make it user configurable to add whatever function/macros you need in one button, and upload and share for other users.
It just needs to be on top of any other Windows or dialogs that are opened, if it runs separate to BB it can be, yes that dirty word :
Click to reveal..

64bit !!!
So it will work on any BB release, 32bit now or 64bit future...

Attached picture Java_GUI_Tabs.png
Bump. Pipeline is now called Musocity but the link in the initial post is still good.
At this point in time, I would rather have a more complex theory based tool / picker, similar to amazing palette in attachment.

P.S. Plugin started well with "chord theory" but a bit short on features.

Attached picture chrd.jpg
© PG Music Forums