PG Music Home
I use mostly MuseScore to edit BIAB's Notation via file export/import, however it would be very useful to avoid having to take those steps just for one common need.

Using BIAB's Bar Settings menu I bring instruments in and out of a song/piece using "Mute" and "Back To Normal" when for example I might have two Guitars soloing or counterpointing, or have Cello, Viola and Violins of a *built* string quartet come and go selectively for musical colour.

The Audio then plays the instruments from one set point to another.

I sometimes need Parts reflecting that, not simply showing the full intro-to-ending notation that BIAB's Notation window displays.

Although notes in those muted bars can be manually deleted, for those occasions when that's the only edit needed it would be great if BIAB's Notation>print function had a check-box option not to print muted content.

That way there would be no need for additional steps/processing, nor the occasional error that can creep-in while doing what can sometimes be lengthy/cross-related note-by-note manual deletions.

A simple "Mute=0" somehow, maybe? All done automatically then and with reliable accuracy.

Please consider the possibility seriously, thanks!
+1

Absolutely a solid, useful idea.

Perhaps it should be an option in case someone wanted to see the muted notation (not sure why, though). The default could be to hide the muted notation.
+1.

I agree notation should not be printed for the muted part of a track.
Another +1
Yes, definitely worthy of consideration.
+1
Beta testing big +1 to see if they work better:

© PG Music Forums