PG Music Home
A PG Music support person told me that there is now way to audition the notes being played via A MIDI keyboard controller onto a BIAB track - APART from the THRU track.

Now that BIAB has...

1 ) the ability to his plugins on any BIAB track - including MELODY

2 ) has ALWAYS had the ability to record MIDI onto the MELODY track from any MIDI source such as a MIDI keyboard

and now....

3 ) FINALLY... has a PIANO-ROLL MIDI editor...

it would make perfect sense that one would be able to play in via MIDI keyboard a MIDI melody - WHILE BEING ABLE TO HEAR WHAT IS BEING PLAYED - as one is RECORDING a MELODY onto the MELODY TRACK.

i am surprised this was never possible but now we have PIANO ROLL EDITING - it makes the possibility of improvising or entering in MELODY parts and then editing them or correcting mistakes via the PIANO-ROLL editor much more likely to be happening .

So please - add this simple feature. Allow us to hear what is being played when a track is selected in BIAB.

Simple.

Obvious.

And NO..... simply positing the excuse that BIAB is not a DAW will not do.
+1

One issue I foresee is latency. A person inputting midi with a midi controller will expect the melody synth to provide the the feedback. I suspect the latency might be unacceptable.
in these days on a decent machine - ( mine is a 2011 iMac ) latency shouldn't be any issue.

and for much use - 128 - 256 buffer size is fine.
I think latency may still be a concern but I support the original request.

+1
I agree tht the function should be there and work seamlessly. Therefore, +1
+100
(will this ever happen?)
© PG Music Forums