PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller More Players - More Tracks - 06/28/18 10:01 PM
I'd posted a shorter version of this to the RealBand Wishlist forum, but I thought it should be in the BIAB Wishlist forum as well.

Hi PGM, So grateful for the software. It's allowed me to create something wonderful from nothing! I'd like to respectfully make a few suggestions/requests.

For one, full upgrades are expensive. That's OK, you guys work hard on the software. What I'd like to see however, is being able to upgrade/add only the genre(s) users are interested in. At this time, I'm only interested in small combo Jazz. I need more!

While drummers like Lewis Nash and Dan Gottlieb and bassists like Ron Carter and Neil Swainson can take me very far, I'm reaching a point where fabulous polyphonic players like Mike LeDonne, Miles Black, Steve Nelson, and Mike Moreno are beginning to step on their own toes. There aren't enough licks, particularity solos by these amazing guys to keep me going much longer. I need more sessions of great licks by these guys.

I do know how to mix it up with MultiRiffs, but it's not enough to sustain my ideas for the long haul. Consider offering a bonus pack of just Mike Moreno solos and grooves, just a pack of Mike LeDonne, etc.

I'm a sax and flute player. I'd love to have a quality Jazz trumpet soloist available. Trombone too. The current trumpet guy is a marginal player with a less than stellar sound. He plays like he only half means it. You have Eric Alexander on sax. Why not a Sean Jones or Rick Braun on trumpet?

While I don't need them, I've auditioned/soloed the Crooner Horns. The performances are terrible- pitchy and very sloppy.

Sorry to be critical. I LOVE BIAB/RB. I depend on it heavily. I'd just like to see some of the weak tracks replaced to match the excellent tracks/players provided. Thanks for allowing me to express my opinions. Please don't take offense. I love what you do.
Posted By: J. Larry Re: More Players - More Tracks - 06/29/18 11:28 PM
I would second Warren’s request and add a few others. To me, the best steel guitar sound and styling is Nashville ace, Mike Johnson. Would love to purchase tracks by him. And, more groovy comping of organ voices that fit various styles. Something that sounds like Joey DeFrancesco. Love BIAB. But, would like to see more options among professional players for jazz and country styles. Don’t need more guitar tracks, since that’s my instrument.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: More Players - More Tracks - 06/30/18 01:08 AM
There are a couple of noteworthy thoughts here. First, the concept of purchasing just one genre is difficult; it's far more economical to purchase all RealTracks than to purchase many paks to get all of just one genre. Second, it's been noted here before that we often tend to be more critical of others who are playing the instrument we play (hence I don't say anything about the trumpet) but interestingly, neither of you are doing that. Very good.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: More Players - More Tracks - 06/30/18 07:16 AM
I found that I like stretching my playing a bit with the different tracks. My musical interests are bluegrass, country and folk. But having something different to play around with if fun too.

...Deb
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: More Players - More Tracks - 07/02/18 07:07 AM
+1
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: More Players - More Tracks - 07/02/18 07:47 AM
Some reasonable points raised by the O/P.

+1
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: More Players - More Tracks - 11/11/18 12:28 AM
Hi Warren,

Good suggestions.

Maybe you could also post this in the Wishlist Forum for Styles and Realtracks.

That way it may get extra attention from the folks at PG Music.

Best Regards
© PG Music Forums