PG Music Home
Many user have reported issues with RT's don't playing exactly the requested chords. Sometimes, the given tip is to change of RT...

Even if the Natural Arrangement feature is off, you may not get the chords you want if the RT player did not record the requested chords.

PRESENTLY :
The user has no visibility about the available chords in a given RealTrack.
For ex. we don't know if a X2 chord or a X7#9 or a Xm69 is implemented or not for a given RT
Sometimes he get what he looks for but sometimes not, not a very professional situation.
Also, it is frustating because with MIDI tracks we get what we expect at every time.

PROPOSAL1 :
For each RealTrack, issue a small text file listing all the recorded chords for this RealTrack.
For the Bass RT, issue a small text file listing all the recorded slash chords (for ex A7/C#).

- It looks quite easy to implement
- the *.txt file could be set in the RT folder
- it would give a comprehensive list of the recorded chords
- it would be a really useful tool for the user in order to select the right RT regarding its own chords.
- When a RealTrack is updated, it would easy to update the matching text file.

PROPOSAL2:
Via a WEb Support page, PG Music could provide the information to the user via a on-line file.
+1

This is important and would be helpful.

In the early days of RealTracks I discovered that, if the player had not recorded a chord, the track would just be silent for that chord. mMaj7 was one example.

In the early days of User Tracks, I requested a template where I could play over every chord type, to ensure I had no gaps as above. I never did receive guidance on that.
+1

While either proposal suits the need, I prefer the first proposal of including a text file with each RealTracks simply because the computer does not have to be online.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+1

While either proposal suits the need, I prefer the first proposal of including a text file with each RealTracks simply because the computer does not have to be online.

+1 for proposal #1 also.
Definitely worthy of serious consideration.
Knowing exactly what is / isn't available provides the user with important information. Excellent idea.
+1
+1
"- the *.txt file could be set in the RT folder" and a button in the RealTrack picker will open it, you can then paste it in the User Memo box of that track.
A list of chords used in the Holds would also help.

If they don't get around to doing this, someone who's enthusiastic can open BB All Chord.SGU
enable Chord Output in Prefs > Complex Chords, Write to MIDI file
save as MID
open in RealBand
in the RealTrack picker list by RealChart
generate track and RealChart
open the RealChart and BB Chord Output track each in their own window.
Or do it by ear if you have a good ear.
Then when you have done all that have a look what hold the track uses in the Hold column, bb\RealTracks\Library\Holds
play through them.
Put the correct playing chords and the available Holds in a txt for each RT then upload them.
An additional thought: Including a chord list with upcoming RealTracks is desirable but if PG Music started right now that leaves more than 2700 hours of released RealTracks without the feature.

What if: Using Pipeline's posts as a guide, those of us that want the feature volunteer to create a chord list for the existing RealTracks?

Each of us could select some RealTracks, run the selected RealTracks through the Audio Chord Wizard so it can create a chord sheet, create a chord text file and post the file.

What do you think?
Quote:
An additional thought: Including a chord list with upcoming RealTracks is desirable but if PG Music started right now that leaves more than 2700 hours of released RealTracks without the feature.
PG would have all this info for every RT but if they want to do it or get around to do it is anybody's guess.

Quote:

What if: Using Pipeline's posts as a guide, those of us that want the feature volunteer to create a chord list for the existing RealTracks?
yes good idea.

Quote:

Each of us could select some RealTracks, run the selected RealTracks through the Audio Chord Wizard so it can create a chord sheet, create a chord text file and post the file.
not sure if the ACW would be accurate enough for fancy chords, maybe fancy ears would also help to correct the ACW ?
Doing the actual RT files rather than the BB All Chords.SGU would be good as this would give better UserTrack Templates and these can also be trimmed down to a text list of chords used.
Somewhere back in the forum someone chorded out a RT then replaced it with their own, this may of been the start of the UT idea.
@JF if you post this in the main forum you might get some willing participants.

Here's that post Home Made Flamenco Realtracks and Does a contemporary jazz soloist (UserTrack) template exist?
Where can I get the Jazz templates?
Chord Progression template for Usertracks
so this would help a lot to get a list of chords used for each RT and advanced templates for UserTracks creation.
This is a very important piece of information that appears to be missing. I hope PG Music will provide a template of sorts, so the obvious found holes get filled up, and us nitpicking chord-freaks can finally put our frustrations to rest.
The Artist Performance Sets have the SGU that you open and see what is being played over what chords.
That's all the RT's need an SGU in with the RT files:

Attached picture RT-Chords01.png
Attached picture RT-Chords02.png
I set Realband Song Settings to Avoid Transpositions in RealTracks.
Generate up a chord in a key for a few bars then drag export a bar or section that is a continuous riff, now drag that in a DAW and drag the RT same Key file then match the waveform to create the chord progression for the RT file.
The only problem is it would be using chord substitutions so that section could be used on other chords...not to mention it is a time consuming task !
I'm getting a bit worn out these days always trying to find workaround solutions for PG apps !!! crazy mad
"FRUSTRATION" no other program has done this to me more so than PG's lol
I have stuck with it for the end results but getting there can be a real pain that need not be with better programming, coming up to date with things and aiming higher.

Having the SGU's with the audio would allow users to create up tracks manually choosing the sections you need where, giving more control rather than the dice.
In Biab or RealBand you just highlight that section in the chord sheet then drag export to your DAW creating it just how you like.

Originally Posted By: John-Luke
Many user have reported issues with RT's don't playing exactly the requested chords. Sometimes, the given tip is to change of RT...

Even if the Natural Arrangement feature is off, you may not get the chords you want if the RT player did not record the requested chords.

PRESENTLY :
The user has no visibility about the available chords in a given RealTrack.
For ex. we don't know if a X2 chord or a X7#9 or a Xm69 is implemented or not for a given RT
Sometimes he get what he looks for but sometimes not, not a very professional situation.
Also, it is frustating because with MIDI tracks we get what we expect at every time.

PROPOSAL1 :
For each RealTrack, issue a small text file listing all the recorded chords for this RealTrack.
For the Bass RT, issue a small text file listing all the recorded slash chords (for ex A7/C#).

- It looks quite easy to implement
- the *.txt file could be set in the RT folder
- it would give a comprehensive list of the recorded chords
- it would be a really useful tool for the user in order to select the right RT regarding its own chords.
- When a RealTrack is updated, it would easy to update the matching text file.

PROPOSAL2:
Via a WEb Support page, PG Music could provide the information to the user via a on-line file.

+1
Maybe it's on purpose .. PG wants to keep their stuff as secret as can be, logic; the recording of it all must have costed an arm and a leg .... With a lot of KONTAKT player and other VST acoustic instruments the audio stuff is hidden in a blob, nk something or other secret format, pestering guys like us in need of some edited specialties implemented ...

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
The Artist Performance Sets have the SGU that you open and see what is being played over what chords.
That's all the RT's need an SGU in with the RT files:

Never really looked at these, but just did now for the first time. New to me LoL. The tracks in red with the artist performances must be the included wma files. Now how are they loaded there? As performance track? They show up as midi notes there, addressing them on the notation page triggers some synth sound, and the tracks also sound too lively for just being midi ...
© PG Music Forums