PG Music Home
I just wanna copy the styles / drums / real tracks / soloists that I need, and leave the rest on the external hard drive.

No I can't get larger storage drive on my laptop.

No I do not wish to plug in my external drive every time I wanna use BIAB.

Yes, I did contact support, who basically said it's too complicated and time consuming to do this.

Well, I know there is a way, and I should be shown how. If its too complicated to explain, that is PG Music's fault - it really should be a far easier process to achieve any customisation in this regard. In fact, it's rather an embarrassment that it's not.

What say you, fellow users?
But you can, and I did.

On my laptop, I copied only a few of the RealTracks and RealDrums I need for quickly roughing out an idea. I copied only the folders I wanted from my external drive.

You do also have to copy all the .XT2 and .ST2 files, since it’s not always possible to my knowledge to tell what goes with what RealTrack. They aren’t too large.

I would only recommend doing this to someone who has good skills at manipulating files and knows how to figure this out without being told how, since I can’t take responsibility for messing up someone’s files.

I am aware from another thread of yours that you received some guidance, and that you cannot seem to go deep enough in your folders to follow it. This technical problem seems to be unique to you and must be solved first. It is not related to BIAB.

I am also aware that Kent at PG Music Support (whom I know to be excellent) recommends installing all and deleting what you don’t want. I simply did it the other way years ago because I didn’t have enough space for a full install, and have continued adding a few RealTracks over the years. It can be done.
Originally Posted By: princeplanet
...Yes, I did contact support, who basically said it's too complicated and time consuming to do this...

Yes what Support said and Yes what Matt said.

If you open DEFAULT.SOL you will see it's a hassle deciphering all the XT2 & ST2's. So as Matt advised if you have installed the BB Application C:\bb on your laptop and run the RealTrack/Drums from the external you will have all the XT2 & ST2's on the laptop then all you need to do is copy only the RealTracks/Drums folders you want to use from X:\bb\RealTracks and X:\bb\Drums to C:\bb\RealTracks and C:\bb\Drums. Also copy X:\bb\RealTracks\Data, Direct Input(the ones you want), Library.
Run BB from the Laptop and set the RealTracks\Drums folders to C:\BB then do a rebuild in the RealTracks\Drums Picker windows, it will say found ST2 XT2 but missing folders, just uncheck show NA.
DEFAULT.SOL
Code:
Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Acc PopVancouver Ev 100^^Rhythm^^Country^^Solo Accompaniment Ballad .  Piano,Ac,SolAcp,PopVan Ev100  RPno0019.ST2
© PG Music Forums