PG Music Home
The "Embellish Melody" feature is something I use often. However, you have to reapply it everytime you open BIAB, as well as redo the settings. Yes, you can "make the settings permanent", but that overwrites the melody of the song. As I understand it, while you can get back your underlying melody (from the embellish melody settings screen), once you exit BIAB, it's permanent and you can't (but I may be wrong here).

I don't want to make the settings on the melody track permanent. I just want to be able to make the embellish playback settings (which also get rendered into a WAV file), and then save those settings with the MGU file, so the next time I open the file, those settings are enabled and set to what I had previously set (although, now I can make changes, if I wish).

This preserves the underlying melody line without embellishments (so the lead sheet reads the same), but allows the output sound to be embellished.

I hope this makes sense.
Makes perfect sense.

+1
Well explained and definitely supported.

+1
+1

Saving the settings on a per song basis makes sense to me.
+1

Per song sounds right.
And for those who aren't familiar with this setting, it's a great way to take, for example, an imported melody line from a MIDI file or notation, and give it life, to include some syncopation, vibrato, turns, and other parameters. I use it quite often, but would find it so much better on a per-song non-destructive basis.
+1 BUT it is not sufficient :

Until now, the "Embellish Melody" features applies to the whole song.
We need an option to select on which bars to apply the feature :
for ex. on chorus 2, or chorus 3,... or from bar m to bar n.

I have already requested this several years ago, but nothing is come.
However, it is simple to implement (the same as the Melody Transpose feature), it is a musical feature, it's a wortwhile feature...
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
+1 BUT it is not sufficient :

Until now, the "Embellish Melody" features applies to the whole song.
We need an option to select on which bars to apply the feature :
for ex. on chorus 2, or chorus 3,... or from bar m to bar n.

I have already requested this several years ago, but nothing is come.
However, it is simple to implement (the same as the Melody Transpose feature), it is a musical feature, it's a wortwhile feature...

+1 for this option but if not possible +1 for the original post.
© PG Music Forums