PG Music Home
Posted By: jford _SONGBRD Style - 09/23/18 09:50 AM
I was reviewing styles for a song I'm working on and came across the _SONGBRD RealStyle from Set # RT263. It has a bass on the (legacy) Bass track, nothing on the Piano track, no Drums, the 2780 Rhythm Acoustic guitar on the guitar track, nothing on the Strings track, and then the 2780 Rhythm Acoustic guitar duplicated on the soloist track (I guess so they play slightly differently.

From a style perspective, why exclude one of the only two tracks that I am allowed to edit (melody/soloist), when there are two other non-drum style tracks not being used (piano and strings).
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: _SONGBRD Style - 09/23/18 07:21 PM
Good question and you bring up a good point. Whoever created the style may have been thinking so hard about how the two guitar tracks need to play different audio selections that they were not remembering the melody and soloist tracks have unique properties.

I don't know but there is a chance one guitar needs to reside on the soloist track so the two guitar tracks will better compliment the other as the two tracks select different audio selections to play. Did you look to see if the style changed any soloist settings or added some hidden midi commands?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: _SONGBRD Style - 09/23/18 07:27 PM
John,

When I just loaded the _SONGBRD style, I did not get the duplicated guitar on the Soloist track. I just got 2474 bass (Bass track) and 2780 Guitar (Guitar track).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: DrDan Re: _SONGBRD Style - 09/23/18 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
John,

When I just loaded the _SONGBRD style, I did not get the duplicated guitar on the Soloist track. I just got 2474 bass (Bass track) and 2780 Guitar (Guitar track).

Regards,
Noel

I got same as Noel.

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: jford Re: _SONGBRD Style - 09/24/18 04:33 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I'll take another look.

But, now that you mention it, I think I know what it might have been. I changed styles in the middle of a song and it's possible the guitar was there from the previous style and still shows up in the mixer even though I changed styles (which I would think shouldn't happen either).

But I'll take another look.
© PG Music Forums