PG Music Home
The new ACW is a great idea, but there is a serious problem on its implementation that should be fixed in order to be actually usable:

1. Launch BIAB > File > Open > mysong.mp3
2. Click on "Audio Edit" Icon > Set "Marker Mode" to "Audio Chord Wizard" > Set all bars > Analyze > Click on "Chords" Icon
3. Now the bars are in perfect sync with the song, but you still have to fix the chords.
4. Please, try it. At some point you'll want to copy / paste sections, but then your song goes out of sync. Tha happens because BIAB paste the bar settings (including tempo changes) with the chords, deleting the previous ones

Essentially, if you want to use the new ACW you MUST manually enter ALL the chords, which makes this feature a practically useless one.

Please, fix this one!

PS: No, Edit > Copy Special > Copy From...To > Deselect Bar settings doesn't work. It deletes the bar settings!!! frown
PS2: After a lot of trial and error, I discovered a workaround to this problem if you're interested. After copy / paste your chords and going out of sync, if you go to the audio edit window again, move slightly one bar, go to the chord window again and...you're in sync again!
It would be an improvement if it worked without the workarounds.
+1
+1
The fix for this issue is after I have set the bars and analyzed the chords, I deselect the Audio Chord Wizard and return the marker mode to none. This disables the ACW which is what you want after all of the chord analysis and bars are set. The ACW continues to work until it is deactivated.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
The fix for this issue is after I have set the bars and analyzed the chords, I deselect the Audio Chord Wizard and return the marker mode to none. This disables the ACW which is what you want after all of the chord analysis and bars are set. The ACW continues to work until it is deactivated.

Yes, there may be other workarounds, but copy / paste chords simply shouldn't delete previous bar settings (tempo changes) when working in ACW mode, that's counterintuitive and destroys your previous work.

Additionally, Edit > Copy Special > Copy From...To > Deselect Bar settings doesn't work as it should, because it deletes previous bar settings.

These issues should, IMO, be fixed.

<<< These issues should, IMO, be fixed. >>>

I certainly agree to that. My concern is that I may not be correctly understanding your workflow or your intended end result of your project song and I may be giving you advice to help solve a problem you don't have.

Will you be using the imported audio file to be included in the final version of your song?

If not, are you deleting the audio file after you have used it to construct your song structure, tempo map, and chord analysis and your final version is a BIAB generated sound track?

If you are using the audio file in your project, I'm not understanding why you are copying and pasting chord sections after you have analyzed the chords to correctly follow the audio.

My concern is that I may not be correctly understanding your workflow or your intended end result of your project song and I may be giving you advice to help solve a problem you don't have.

Will you be using the imported audio file to be included in the final version of your song?

If not, are you deleting the audio file after you have used it to construct your song structure, tempo map, and chord analysis and your final version is a BIAB generated sound track?

If you are using the audio file in your project, I'm not understanding why you are copying and pasting chord sections after you have analyzed the chords to correctly follow the audio.

Do you fix manually ALL the chords of the song when working with ACW? For example, if your song has AAAA form (32 bars), would you fix the first eight bars and then copy / paste them 3 times, or would you fix all the 32 bars?
Yes, I always correct chords manually but only change chords that are incorrect. I normally only have a few chords that need to be changed and it takes very little time to spot them and enter the correct chord. If a chord is supposed to be an Am and it's an Am7 I may leave it as a 7th unless it doesn't sound ok in my song. In a 32 bar song I usually have maybe two to four chords to edit.
Yes, I always correct chords manually but only change chords that are incorrect. I normally only have a few chords that need to be changed and it takes very little time to spot them and enter the correct chord. If a chord is supposed to be an Am and it's an Am7 I may leave it as a 7th unless it doesn't sound ok in my song. In a 32 bar song I usually have maybe two to four chords to edit.

Probably that's because you're using ACW with very simple chords / rhythms. As you know, ACW works very well with simple material (simple pop / rock tunes, things like that), but if you try something more advanced (for example any jazz standard), you are going to get A LOT of incorrect chords that need to be fixed.

Using Copy / Paste is absolutely necessary in these situations, that's why I would like this feature to be fixed.

© PG Music Forums