PG Music Home
Maybe it it is hidden, I can not find it...

In my opinion, it would be very useful to have an option in: "Audio Export" to export individual tracks dry and pan centered, without touching the actual mixer. So BIAB would render those files "dry", but mixer levels would retain initial pan and FX positions.
Misha,

Right-click on the "Master" track and select the option "Set mix to flat, dry and center". This will do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel
Using the Set mix to flat, dry and center will remove Fx and panning in the mixer. To set the mix to flat and retain the other mixer settings, hold your control key and double mouse click on any volume control button in the mixer that is not set at 90 and all of your Volumes will center to 90. The same procedure works for Panning. You can also hold the control Key and click on a track volume and move all of the volume buttons in sync.
If you open the frozen tracks SGU in RealBand you should get the required results.
But yeah it would be good to have an option, as Master > Set Mix to flat dry and center
does not undo
Noel, Charlie, Pipeline

Thank you for the advise, but this is not quite what I am requesting as a "wish"

The wish is: In Audio->Export Song as Audio File
In that "Pop Up" window to have a check mark box to "export files as dry and centered".... Without changing active BIAB song mixer positions.

I hope that makes sense.

Misha.
It makes perfect sense. Many digital mixers have the capability. In most, they are called Scenes. In the Behringer X32, there are 3 levels of saving mixer, routing, Fx, and other pertinent settings. Scenes save every setting. Snippets save only specified settings and Cues are a mixture of Scenes and Snippets.

These are used in these devices not only for specifying export settings but to save projects for future recall, preprogram projects and to backup and save all the board settings and creating Templates.

You can change everything about a mixer board setup with the click of a mouse.

Currently, the only option to save mixer settings in BIAB is to save the project, reset the mixer for export. Export the file and close and reopen the project with the saved mixer settings restored.

The BIAB mixer is digital and such a feature should not be difficult to add. Plus One from me.
Yes, in the context of the past two posts, where mixes could be saved and retrieved, exporting dry and centered makes good sense.
I agree Misha,
I exported a couple of tracks today and forgot to set the levels at 100 as well as panning & reverb.
On a newer machine it's just a cope of minutes wasted but on my preferred machine, running WXP and with not a huge lot of RAM it's a case of waiting 10 mins while the rendering finishes before starting again.
If nothing else a pop up asking if the user is sure they want to export with current level, panning & reverb settings would help remind a Gumby like myself.
© PG Music Forums