PG Music Home
Posted By: Aubrey Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/10/19 08:44 PM
It would be really useful to have an option to render wav files without any pan or reverb added by BIAB.

During BIAB composition I like to hear the track with panning and reverb but when I render the wav tracks to load into my DAW I prefer these effects to be removed so that I can add them directly within the DAW as required.

At present I need to set pan to zero and turn off reverb on each individual track before rendering my song. This is fiddly and time consuming (particularly getting the pan zeroised) and, if I forget, will require me to repeat the render and DAW load again.

It would be great to have a checkbox on the render dialogue screen to turn off these effects and a setting in preferences as to how this checkbox should be defaulted.

This would really improve my workflow.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 12:10 AM
This would be a convenient way to achieve the required outcome.
+1
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 12:29 AM
Aubrey,

If you right-click on the "Master" track and then select "Select mix to Flat, Dry and Center", it does exactly what you're after.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture master flat dry centre.JPG
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 12:52 AM
I was trying to undo 2 but found "Reset" does the job.

It would help to have the master menu and combo fx on the mixer as you have them All on the top bar and All but the Master on the Mixer.

Attached picture BB-Mixer-FX-Master-menu.png
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 02:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Aubrey,

If you right-click on the "Master" track and then select "Select mix to Flat, Dry and Center", it does exactly what you're after.

Regards,
Noel

What you describe is a neat feature but does NOT solve the problem! If I am understanding the OP's request it is what I also want and that is...give me an option to render without any effects or panning but DON'T change the mixer settings in my song in order to achieve this. The problem this feature causes is it changes all of my mixer settings and if I then forget and save the file again those settings are now lost.

Also, the way this works is wrong in that changes to the panning or volume, etc. should trigger the warning to save your work when you quit or load a new file. If I make those changes manually then the warning appears but if I let this feature change my mixer settings this feature does not work.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 05:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Aubrey
It would be really useful to have an option to render wav files without any pan or reverb added by BIAB.

During BIAB composition I like to hear the track with panning and reverb but when I render the wav tracks to load into my DAW I prefer these effects to be removed so that I can add them directly within the DAW as required.

At present I need to set pan to zero and turn off reverb on each individual track before rendering my song. This is fiddly and time consuming (particularly getting the pan zeroised) and, if I forget, will require me to repeat the render and DAW load again.

It would be great to have a checkbox on the render dialogue screen to turn off these effects and a setting in preferences as to how this checkbox should be defaulted.

This would really improve my workflow.

+1
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/11/19 12:53 PM
+1

Please read and maybe support any of these:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=509616#Post509616

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=208575#Post208575
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/12/19 07:33 AM
Would this help (artist impression only, don't go looking for it) :

Attached picture BB-Audio-Render.png
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/12/19 10:21 AM
Yep, that would be just about perfect!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/13/19 12:12 AM
a little warmer... almost perfect.... smile

I would still prefer mixer "snapshots" instead.

*Somewhere on the mixer, not some "unusual" hidden place.

With one of the default snapshots as "dry&centered", then when you render, you would get what you see in mixer.....>your last chosen snapshot, which in this case can be dry&centered.

4 slots should be enough.

A)Default
B)Dry&Centered
C)User created
D)User created

Hope that makes sense.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 01/13/19 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Would this help (artist impression only, don't go looking for it) :

PERFECT!!
Posted By: stasikpasik Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 09/23/22 10:05 AM
Maybe on request of users, there will be such a checkbox so as not to waste your time and nerves. A friend of mine uses many forgehub products from Nebula for his work and shares something of his own. He showed me how to transfer music in DAW, still using VST, AU, and AAX plug-ins, allowing me to add new virtual instruments or processing effects to DAW. Honestly, I was confused and tired, although I did not do anything myself. Manually disabling reverb on each track is just a drag. It takes a lot of patience. There needs to be some tool to facilitate such manipulation.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Render Without Effects (Reverb/Pan) - 09/23/22 10:42 AM
Originally Posted By: stasikpasik
Maybe on request of users, there will be such a checkbox so as not to waste your time and nerves.

stasikpasik, welcome to the forums.
What version / Pak / build number of BiaB do you have?
Originally Posted By: stasikpasik
Maybe on request of users, there will be such a checkbox so as not to waste your time and nerves.

It appears there's such a checkbox in BIAB 2022 for Windows versions.

Description: Dry, flat and centered option in the Render dialog window.
Attached picture Screenshot 2022-09-23 152008.jpg
© PG Music Forums