PG Music Home
Posted By: Dave BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 12:29 PM
Rather than having to download a complete fix for BIAB (or RealBand) could we just have the option to down load the new changes. For us folk with slow speed internet this could mean saving quite a lot of download time.

The complete update should also be available, but in these days of weekly updates, I don't see any need to download 230m every time.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 01:55 PM
I’ve watched the patches as they execute and many files are involved.
Posted By: Dave Re: BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 02:12 PM
Matt: All builds since 604 have been 280MB. You can also see from the description then the fix only relates to a small number of issues, and while I understand the changes may affect several files / modules, it seems that the changes themselves are probably small.
What I am suggesting is that rather than have all the previous changes we could be offered just the 'new' patches. In the old days they may have been called a superzap, or a direct change to the executable module at the lowest level.
Perhaps 613 might have been a few hundred kb rather that 280 mb
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 02:13 PM
Yes, we will move some of the larger files to a dedicated RealTracks patch soon. The Band-in-a-Box patch will still be cumulative, however it will be alot smaller.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 03:01 PM
Thanks Andrew.

Dave, sure, I see merit in your request. I do wonder though, if the patches were not cumulative, how much aggravation would be caused trying to diagnose user problems when everyone doesn’t have the same base program.
Posted By: Dave Re: BIAB Updates - 01/18/19 04:09 PM
I think it's the size that is the real issue - so much to download each time. The cumulative patches are important and should be continued, but intermediate updates would be appreciated. I don't know whether they can be tailored so that you can't update with patch B unless you already have patch A. The next build would include patches A through N. The logistics needs to be worked out, but the idea is to get smaller patches in the hands of the user as quickly as possible
© PG Music Forums