PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 04:40 AM
hello

it would be nice to have the same mixer window in the stylepicker window as the main bb mixer rather than have to keep using track settings.
sometimes i just want to click mute or freeze or visa versa while still in the stylepicker.
thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 09:34 AM
I'll go along with that. There are several 'clicks' too many to mute/unmute a track from within the StylePicker. A small mute or solo button directly on the control would be very worthwhile.

+1
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 11:52 AM
+1 here.
Seems to be enough room for solo/mute buttons, right at the end of each black bar the show the instrument name.
Posted By: MarioD Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 12:09 PM
Another +1

Good idea!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 12:13 PM
There IS a button at the end of each track of the Style that you choose in your Stylepicker. One of the clicks is "Track Settings", then just go to "Mute".
It does require you to have an SGU on the go at the time though and choose the "Play current chordsheet for this song" option and untick "4 bar preview"
However, it WOULD be nice if that existing button had a "mute" directly there.
Of course, it will not affect any of the pre-made Demo's - that would be a Big Ask, I think.
Ian
Posted By: John-Luke Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 02:51 PM
+1
Everyone agrees that the present solution is not ergonomic at all : too many clicks to mute/solo one or more track.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/12/19 10:04 PM
Everyone mentioned mute but paulpaul's request is for the Band-in-a-Box mixer to be duplicated in the Stylepicker window.

What about the solo, freeze, volume, pan, reverb and tone settings for each track? What about the Plugins, Pianos and Patches windows?
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/13/19 06:15 AM
Great Idea - +1
Posted By: Aubrey Re: mixer function in stylepicker - 02/19/19 07:33 PM
Excellent idea. I always end up dropping back into the chord chart window because muting and soloing is so unergonomic within the Stylepicker ‘mixer’.
© PG Music Forums