PG Music Home
Posted By: hairyhatman Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 02/21/19 05:18 PM
Hi

New to BIAB so maybe this is discussed elsewhere but haven't seen it yet.

I use iRealPro a lot and as the song plays it pops up the Guitar Chord Grid for each bar. You can also view alternative fingerings for the chord (say if you wanted to play high up on the neck. Is there any option to do this in BIAB so the chord shapes are displayed as the song plays?

Thanks all
Al
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 02/21/19 06:21 PM
Hello!

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

Yes to part of your question but no to another part.

Band-in-a-Box for Windows includes a fretboard window. The window can be opened either by pressing Ctrl + Shift + G on your computer keyboard or by using your mouse on the menu bar to select the "Window" menu then "Guitar Window".

Pressing the "Set" button at the bottom of the fretboard window opens a settings window where you can select from many types of guitar tunings as well as fretboard layouts for mandolin, ukulele and other stringed instruments.

However, the fretboard does not display alternate chords. The displayed fingering comes from a notated chord chart embedded in the instrument track.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 02/21/19 07:28 PM
There should be an option for this in the Notation window:

Attached picture BB-Notation-Chord-Diagram.png
Posted By: hairyhatman Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 02/22/19 01:46 PM
Thanks. This is exactly what I'm looking for but I don't see any option to display this in my notation window. Would you mind telling me how you did this? Many thanks
Posted By: MarioD Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 02/22/19 05:18 PM
Go to Notation, Options, Guitar chord diagrams:

Attached picture Notation Window Options .jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 03/01/19 07:23 PM
Here's some chord pics you can drag in most DAWs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7y5yiy6b92d8xu/guitar_chords_jpg.zip?dl=1

Attached picture Reaper-Chord-Display.gif
Posted By: hairyhatman Re: Guitar Chord Grids as you play along - 03/05/19 11:28 AM
This is great. Many thanks folks for helping out.
Al
© PG Music Forums