PG Music Home
Currently it appears that - VERY UNLIKE A REAL VST PLUGIN - do play back the BIAB backing part and process the tracks in a DAW - one has to drag and drop the individual regenerated audio onto the DAW track. And this has to be done after any change to the BIAB song arrangement.

I gather an alternative exists where audio from the BIAB plugin engine can be played back through the same audio driver (and thus interface ) as set up and used by the DAW... but no means of just outputting audio - whether mixed-down to stereo or separate multi-channel audio - to the stereo channel of the BIAB plugin itself - or some other multi-channel routing in the DAW.

Please PG - when you finally get around to releasing an OSX version of this - where there is some very bog-standard expected behaviour for how an AudioUnit plugin instrument or VST instrument or MAS instrument or drum machine is supposed to behave....
........ please make the BIAB plugin have the normal expected behaviour of an audio plugin.

Being able to just drag and drop individual BIAB instrument tracks into audio tracks in the DAW is a nice-to-have. but if one has to keep doing drags and drops EVERY TIME one makes any change to the chord progression - or changes style - then this drag-and-drop business
is just a workflow-hampering pain in the neck.

So instead - do the right and proper thing when an OSX version of the BIAB plugin is released in -2019??- and code your plugin so that it can output - on choice - either a STEREO master-mix audio stream - or a MULTI-CHANNEL output for EACH backing instrument and track in BIAB.

This is the expected behaviour of a plugin.

Not the fudge KLUDGE - half-arsed attempt that the Windows version has right now.

Isn't the idea of a BIAB DAW plugin meant to be to speed up and simplify workflow?

Make it so.
nonchai,

PG Music stated in other posts they are switching the plug-in audio engine from the Windows controlled audio engine to the DAW controlled audio engine. So that part of your request will happen at some point.

Regarding streaming audio from the plug-in to the DAW, the idea has some merit and should generate some lively discussion. However the suggestion may not receive the attention it deserves because the suggestion is colored by, and blended into, your frustrated expressions.

How do you propose multiple audio streams can or should be handled by the single track of your DAW? Remember, the Band-in-a-Box plug-in has 21 or more tracks now. How is audio streaming from plug-in to one track of a DAW going to handle that? Off hand I can't think of another plug-in that passes multiple audio streams to one DAW track; but, I freely admit I am not aware of every plug in available.
© PG Music Forums