PG Music Home
Posted By: The Soundsmith Individual Instrument Samples (bass) - 05/02/19 04:22 PM
So much of contemporary jazz/pop composition relies on specific bass lines. Real Track basses don't do that, but are still great once the structure opens. If we had the bass single note sample set to apply - not a huge Trillian-size lib, just a few basic techniques. Sustain, staccato or pop according to the style, 3 dynamic levels - we could select the RT or the composed line in the F5 dialog.
I know it's more work for the editors and musicians, but it would add a lot of capability (and using this in the DAW VST would be perfect!)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Individual Instrument Samples (bass) - 05/02/19 06:39 PM
+1. I agree. It would be nice if each RealTrack instrument set included note samples.

You may be able to use a work around for the bass.

For example if you're song project is using the (# 481, 482 or 483) Swing Jazz Ballad Acoustic Bass (tempo 85 BPM) they are all the same bass instrument played by the same musician (Neil Swainson) and likely recorded at the same session. The RealTracks Picker states they use holds (folder) # 73.

Hold folders are located at x:/bb/RealTracks/library/holds/hols_XX where x = your hard drive letter and XX = the hold folder number. Inside each folder is an audio file with holds. The image below displays the audio file contained in folder_73. Sure enough, it's an acoustic bass.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Individual Instrument Samples (bass) - 05/02/19 10:33 PM
I hand write most of my bass lines in MIDI, but I use mostly acoustic bass and have a great sounding synth. I could see bass being the first instrument to create single note RealTrack sounds.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Individual Instrument Samples (bass) - 05/09/19 09:44 PM
To further on Jim's idea
RealTrack Bass Samples for Sforzando
© PG Music Forums