PG Music Home
Posted By: MovingAir Even Out Volume of Shots/Holds - 05/15/19 08:07 PM
Me again.
I would love to see BIAB come up with a way to even out the volume of specialty chords (shots, holds, pushes, etc). Currently, if you add one of these to a track, the volume of that chord is generally WAY louder than the rest of the track, especially when using the "Direct Input" tracks. So I have to go in and manually level the track out a lot of the time. It would be great if it could internally compensate for this, so it comes out as one even track. Thanks.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Even Out Volume of Shots/Holds - 05/16/19 02:16 AM
You may want to look at Options\Preferences\RealTracks\Reduce volume of RealTracks to match Midi (button) and be sure it is checked and set the two boxes beneath that setting to negative numbers to reduce shots/holds.

I'm unsure if that will do what you want universally but it may. I seem to recall this has been requested before and this was the solution. I may be wrong.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Even Out Volume of Shots/Holds - 05/21/19 04:46 PM
Fogle is right, there already is a preference setting to set the desired adjustments for shots & holds. Be advised that these may be found in separate places for RTs and RDs (and most surely in different places depending on what platform you use), so look carefully.
I personally have even set these values to negative numbers wherever possible, that's how annoying I found that default *BOOM* effect to be when I first started with BBox whistle
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Even Out Volume of Shots/Holds - 05/24/19 03:58 AM
Soloist Button > Open Soloist Dialog > Choose RealTrack > Soloist maker Edit > More

Attached picture BB-Holds.png
© PG Music Forums