PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander A "Drum Pattern Detector" feature request - 05/17/19 02:52 PM
Premise: Lately I've been going through the 'Classic' styles (remember those, PG??) and discovering more and more of their potentials. I'm also learning that for all too many of them the suggested replacement Realdrum is far from the optimum of what is now available, as if some preset had been set early on before a better RD came along and that preset then just never got updated as more RDs were issued.
So, I'm proposing this DPD feature (catchy innit?), an interface of something that gives you a list with a lot narrower & precise approximation of RDs to pick as replacement than you can currently get without doing a lot of manual trial & error, as it has genuinely examined the pattern of the midi drum and compared with patterns defined in the Realdrums.
p.s. Oh, and on the subject of RD - when are you going to give us Makkies the Style Demo and Song Demo options within the Drum Picker that the PC has had for a good while already... whistle
A more open-ended usage:

Let's say the user has in his head some pretty defined idea for the beat pattern for their project. So, rather than having to do a lot of manual search through the loads of RD's already on offer to find a perfect/decent match, they could make a brute couple of bars in midi (with the help of the Piano Roll or something) and submit to this proposed Pattern Detector that then did this search for them much faster.
Something like EZDrummer maybe ?

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=368657

Seems that my 'novel' idea is perhaps not so novel after all wink

But, as was pointed out to me in my other thread, maybe a proposed improvement by PG is about to get the job done in some ways already, so here's hoping...
© PG Music Forums