PG Music Home
Posted By: VintageGibson Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/05/19 05:39 PM
I check into this wishlist forum on every visit and assume that PGM also dip in from time to time, so how about some recognition?
A brief comment such as; "worth checking into" or, "already under investigation" would be appreciated.
Even " not until hell freezes over" would be better than the current vacuum.

Vintage
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/05/19 11:53 PM
Sometimes we get a response from the PGM staff, but generally it is rare.

I agree that an acknowledgement that they have received/reviewed the message would be well received by the forum members. After all, the Wishlist column is specifically provided for ideas from the forum members to be passed on to the company developers.

+1
Posted By: musiclover Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/06/19 05:52 AM
Good point +1
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/11/19 10:58 AM
I suspect that, from PG's perspective, this is a bad idea.
It would lead to ever increasing user expectations taking up more resources and leading to potential bad feelings.
PG already go further than most companies in soliciting and acting on user input but at the end of the day this is not a democracy.
I think they have got it just right.

Tony
Posted By: MarioD Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/11/19 11:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Tony Wright
It would lead to ever increasing user expectations taking up more resources and leading to potential bad feelings.
PG already go further than most companies in soliciting and acting on user input but at the end of the day this is not a democracy.
I think they have got it just right.

Tony

I agree with Tony. Does anyone remember those Vaperware days? For those who don't back a number of years ago companies would say something like we are coming out with improvements A, B and C. But when those improvements came they didn't include B. Regardless of how good A and C were people complained about the lack of C. Thus companies stopped advance announcing their upgrade/improvement plans. I could see the same complaining thing happening here.

So another -1.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/11/19 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Tony Wright

Hmmm. I feel the lack of acknowledgement leads to bad feelings.

Quote:
PG already go further than most companies in soliciting and acting on user input

Perhaps this is true if you are comparing them to large corporations but I work with several small companies that are much more responsive. And this tends to foster a stronger community! You even get a group of power users like Pipeline who help move the product forward and educate other users.

So +1 to OP even though I doubt it will happen (they haven't acknowledged this thread about more acknowledgement!)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/12/19 11:55 PM
Some of you may remember some time ago numerous message threads directed some anger and resentment at PG Music because of PGMs lack of presence and feedback in the forum. Several PGM employees began to acknowledge posts and this practice continued for months.

PGM brought on a good number of new employees over a relatively short time period. Looking back, many of the PGM posters during that time were new hires. I suspect this forum provided multiple benefits to PGM as the new hires were brought up to speed on the product and the culture surrounding the product. Those employees are likely predominantly engaged in whatever role they were hired to fill so forum time is limited.

Thirty nine names are listed as "Team PG" in the about banner for Band-in-a-Box. Take time to look at the list of names and I bet you will be surprised at how many of them you recognize from forum posts
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/13/19 12:35 AM
Good points Jim, and certainly PGM staff comment on several topics, which is greatly appreciated.

I understood that the O/Ps request here was simply to receive an acknowledgement that a Wishlist item had been noticed. Of course, such a response also shouldn't be interpreted as a 'yes, we will attend to this', it is just an acknowledgement that the Wishlist request had been seen by the product developers. That was what I was supporting.
Posted By: VintageGibson Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/13/19 06:43 AM
Yes, what VideoTrack said.

Vintage
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/18/19 04:33 AM
+100 ! I have suggested the same several times, to no avail. It's NOT about give users false hope. It's about RECOGNIZE a users request or wish ! There is literary "thousands" of ways to deal about this. From plain positive to plain negative. Given WITH explanation, users with a brain would understand it, I guess...;) It's the same as a conversation in a group of friends. You say something you feels important and is met with just silence... How do it makes us feel? We use BiaB for different reasons. Some for hobbies, some for professional use. Are those using it for professional use more valuable then those using it just for fun? Personally I have plenty suggestions that I just don't balder to put here, exactly for the reason of lack of recognition. AND, this is NOT from PGM only, but also from other users. When I post a wish, and I see there is 30 readings and 0 + or -, then I feel like; Well, why balder? Thank's for bringing it up VintageGibson ! Wishing the best for you and all of us in the matter...
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Acknowledgement from PGM - 11/18/19 10:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
Personally I have plenty suggestions that I just don't balder to put here, exactly for the reason of lack of recognition. AND, this is NOT from PGM only, but also from other users. When I post a wish, and I see there is 30 readings and 0 + or -, then I feel like; Well, why balder?

I totally agree! I stopped suggesting improvements long ago and now I even find my own work-arounds to bugs because so many go unfixed or even unacknowledged.
© PG Music Forums