PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike02392 Start ending 1 bar early - 11/17/19 07:35 PM
The "start ending 2 bars early" option is very handy and I use it a lot, but not on pieces where the melody ends on the final bar. At the moment, for these I have to make a "tag" ending but since the tag can't simply be the ending itself, it's a little awkward.

Any chance of adding a tick box to start the ending 1 bar early?

Thanks!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 11/17/19 07:40 PM
Good idea. I'm not aware of how to deliver this with the current system.

+1
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 11/18/19 04:48 AM
+1
Posted By: Masi Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/27/19 01:46 PM
+1 for more felxibility.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/27/19 03:59 PM
That makes sense. It would be nice as an additional option.

+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/27/19 09:05 PM
+1
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 04/28/20 09:25 AM
I was just about to post this again, having forgotten about this thread - luckily I remembered the forum rules and did a search laugh Anyway, over the last few months I've wished for this numerous times, so just wanted to keep the request alive!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 04/28/20 10:35 AM
Pleased to bump also.
Bump! +1
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/14/20 11:01 AM
Unfortunately this doesn't appear to have made it into BiaB 2021, so am re-requesting!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/14/20 12:11 PM
Agreed.

+1
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/15/20 09:46 AM
I'm more than pleased to give it another vote. A worthwhile request.
+1
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/15/20 01:40 PM
+1 here.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/15/20 02:18 PM
+1 Good idea, could be useful !
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/17/20 08:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Mike02392
The "start ending 2 bars early" option is very handy and I use it a lot, but not on pieces where the melody ends on the final bar. At the moment, for these I have to make a "tag" ending but since the tag can't simply be the ending itself, it's a little awkward.

Any chance of adding a tick box to start the ending 1 bar early?

Thanks!

Hi Mike02392. I've followed this post hoping someone would reference an example but so far it's not happened. I'm not understanding the issue and have become curious to why there's a difference that an ending with the melody ending on the final bar doesn't work with "start ending 2 bars early" or what ever measure the ending begins you choose to start it and why a single measure that will "start ending 1 bar early" works.

Are there any User Showcase songs posted I can review?
Possibly a commercial release on YouTube?
Or, better, maybe post an SGU file displaying the issue?

Thanks,

Charlie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/18/20 08:07 AM
I seem to recall that one of the members explained the exact reason that this was introduced was because of introduction of Real Tracks and the ability to fade, and this makes perfect sense.

I also can see that the 'earlier ending' start could be something other than 2 bars. So yes, why does the option need to be exactly 2 bars?
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/18/21 06:34 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't appear to have made it into BiaB 2022, so am re-re-requesting!
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 05/07/23 12:48 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't appear to have made it into BiaB 2023, so am re-re-re-requesting!

Ideally it'd be best to have a box letting us specify the number of bars to start the ending early, but the vast majority will be 1 or 2, so would take that if it's easier for the devs.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 05/07/23 05:52 PM
Another vote of support from me.
+1
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 07/19/23 05:36 PM
Good suggestion. Will look into it.
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/24/23 01:46 PM
Disappointed to see that this has been left out yet again frown Can it be included in a patch? It doesn't seem to be that complex a feature and it would be really helpful.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/24/23 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mike02392
Disappointed to see that this has been left out yet again frown Can it be included in a patch? It doesn't seem to be that complex a feature and it would be really helpful.
Unfortunately, lots of 'good ideas' are just that.
Posted By: Mike02392 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/24/23 01:57 PM
True, but I'm gonna keep on requesting this one!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/24/23 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mike02392
True, but I'm gonna keep on requesting this one!
Definitely, please do. It will always have my support.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Start ending 1 bar early - 12/25/23 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
Hi Mike02392. I've followed this post hoping someone would reference an example but so far it's not happened. I'm not understanding the issue and have become curious to why there's a difference that an ending with the melody ending on the final bar doesn't work with "start ending 2 bars early" or what ever measure the ending begins you choose to start it and why a single measure that will "start ending 1 bar early" works.

Are there any User Showcase songs posted I can review?
Possibly a commercial release on YouTube?
Or, better, maybe post an SGU file displaying the issue?

Thanks,
Charlie
This is a good question of Charlie's from 2020 and if anyone else who is reading this is unsure what this setting does, please have a look at the image and the brief explanation below.

For users who work with multiple choruses, each repetition of the visible chordsheet (i.e. each 'chorus') is based on the same chord layout. The 'end 2 bars early' option applies to the last chorus. It effectively reduces the last chorus by 2 bars so that the length the song is 3 choruses and not 3 choruses plus an ending. By comparison, users who lay songs out in a linear format using a single chorus have full control over playback by their design of the chordsheet. Multiple-chorus users cannot do this. The 'end 2 bars early' option gives multiple-chorus users a little more control over their song's playback.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture start ending 2 bars early.jpg
© PG Music Forums