PG Music Home
Is it official that user MIDI styles can no longer be built with the Mac version of BIAB?

I have a real desire/need to create some of my own MIDI styles for BIAB, but it looks like that may no longer be possible.

I was reading that for Windows users of BIAB, there is a Style Wizard that allows you to simply open up MIDI song files and that BIAB can automatically build a style based on the tracks in the MIDI file provided. That is amazing, and is exactly what I would like to be able to do.

Are Windows users still able to do this? Is this feature coming back for Mac users at some point?

What a dream it would be able to do this... I would so love this functionality, especially since virtual instruments are getting so good these days. Working with MIDI styles ought to be making a comeback and given the same development importance as the RealTrack styles, in my opinion.

I am hoping Pipeline or someone is going to respond to this with some sort of good news that it can still be done with a workaround... but somehow I am kind of doubting it.

I'd love to hear feedback from others on this subject. Thanks!
+1

Works, so and so, on windows. Lots of issues, though...
+1

It would be great if Mac'c have the same feature set.
Just wanted to bump this request.

Please bring Mac users the Style Wizard... "Auto Create Style from MIDI File"

I really, really want to be able to do that!!

In general, please develop and fine-tune all the MIDI tools on both platforms, since there has never been a better time to work with MIDI styles with all the incredible-sounding VIs that are out there now.

I would also like to see EVERY SINGLE REALTRACK have a MIDI counterpart, so that anytime we want to use a MIDI version of any RealTrack performance, it will always be available for drag and drop to either double the track or use a MIDI instrument instead.

MIDII! MIDII! MIDI!!!

Please, please, please! MIDI represents the roots and foundation of BIAB.
Must get all the support possible,
+1

That being said, it is still one hell of a job, but, being able, even just to tweak styles, is soooo important.

Didn’t even know it was not possible for the Mac users, a shame, really.
© PG Music Forums