PG Music Home
The UserTracks feature needs updating and fixing as there are too many outstanding issues.
If you could get them working more professionally it will be a lot better. As you now have the BB Plugin that can generate UserTracks.
Some issues I remember are:
Shots n Holds (Jim had a suggestion to have the Holds folder in the UserTrack folder.
Over Transposing maybe have an option like RealTracks No Transpositions.
Midi UserTracks

Please post any ideas here..

Hello everyone
This post has already been published I just wanted to remind pgmusic that we are likely to many that the problems related to usertrack must be solved and especially to have answers from pgmusic I think it would be the least for all the users who have been buying your products for years otherwise why in 2014 you created this feature if it should never function normally as the realtrack to all users thank you for supporting me.
  good music to all.

Good morning, everyone,
First of all I would like to thank you all for the help you give on the forum it's great.
But as far as usertracks are concerned, it would really make sense for one of the pgmusic managers to tell us what they intend to do about the missing features in usertracks ( artefacts problem , does not take into account the fisheries and agreements maintained, limit the number of key transpositions, the BIAB reading engine should transpose at most half a tone, not more than we could create, say, a UT with 6 keys so we will not lose quality if the sound is transposed by half a tone)
In this thread. Peter Gannon had announced that he was updating the features of Usertracks in January 2016 so maybe all of us biab users deserve some explanation and to know if there is a future with usertrack.
I thank in advance on behalf of all users of biab to pgmusic for giving us one or more answers.
I apologize for my English, I use a translator.
Balbuena.
Also if you could change the usertrack at any bar you could then add the usertrack with holds or shot, though it would be better to work natively.

Attached picture BB-Change-UserTrack.png
At the bottom of the F5 Bar Settings Window is the "UserTracks Development ..." button. Pressing that button opens the "UserTracks Development Settings" Window. However there is no guidance in the Band-in-a-Box user manual as to what the settings do or suggestions for how to use them. However, the Band-in-a-Box Help file does provide rudimentary information about the settings. I've put the Help file information into a pdf file and attached it to this post.

Step 1 has to be add setting descriptors to the Band-in-a-Box user manual. Step 2 should be to elaborate more about what each setting is and provide how-to-use examples. Step 3 would be to follow up with a video tutorial.

The suggestion Pipeline alluded to in his initial post is for each UserTracks folder to have nested "Holds" and "Shots" subfolders. Inside each subfolder would be either recorded holds or shots audio files paired with holds or shots sgu files.

When the program encounters a shot or held chord in the chord sheet it looks in the proper UserTracks subfolder for the special chord. If there is no exact match the program uses its pitch shifting magic to create the special chord unless the "no transpose" option is selected. Then the program plays silence. If the program can not find a special chord close enough to create an artifact free chord, then the program plays silence.

Description: F5 Bar Settings Window with UserTracks Development ... button highlighted
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: UserTracks Development Settings Window.
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg

Description: UserTracks Development Settings Descriptions pdf file.
Attached File
Is there any new info on this issue (as of Dec 2020)?
I can't see anything, I didn't hear anything.
If you have Reaper you can create and generate any wav mp3 mov mid usertrack with ReaTrak then drag n drop it into Biab.
Though it would be good to be able to do it all inside BIAB.
© PG Music Forums