PG Music Home
Posted By: Schnedler Basic chord editing - 12/12/19 02:56 PM
An extremely small, but very useful feature I requested long ago, but has never been implemented, is the following:

When inputting chords, we have the ability to "push" a chord change, so say, instead of the change being on beat 3, it is on "3 and", or the second half (eighth note) of beat 3. However, we also need a "pull" function! Why? If I need a certain chord on beat 3 and a different one on "3 and", I can't do that. However, with a "pull" function, I could but my chord on beat 3 and a different one on 4 and then "pull" it back to "3 and". I may not be using all the correct verbiage, put I am sure you get the point.

Please consider adding this as a common update. I just purchased the Audiophile version of BIAB 2020 and love it, but this basic feature is still sorely missing. Thanks.
Posted By: Brille Re: Basic chord editing - 12/17/19 09:39 AM
Hello Schnedler,
this is just another facet of the frequently expressed wish for more than 4 chords per "bar unit". After all, there is a workaround: If you don't take this BiaB-units as a bar, but as half bars and then use so-called expanded styles (that takes this into account), you can enter up to 8 chords per 4/4 bar, i.e. up to one chord on all whole and half counts.
You can find more details and a number of good Expanded MIDI styles at Nortonmusic.com, for example.
Posted By: Schnedler Re: Basic chord editing - 01/21/20 02:58 AM
Thanks Brille. Just saw this.
© PG Music Forums