PG Music Home
Please see thread for the origin of this request:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=571906#Post571906

It would be great to be able to have sections with more or fewer instruments like macro assigning sections. For example, Verse 1 would have fewer instruments playing than verse 2...the same for chorus 1 vs chorus 2.

I know you can go into bars to mute and unmute instruments, but it gets a bit tedious.

This is one problem I hear with music generated by songwriters using BIAB; all instruments playing all the time for each section with no dynamics in arrangement changes. Usually songs build up to a chorus or climax section in a song by starting with sparser arrangements / few instruments.

Maybe it would be a matter of adding one or two more colors to the Blue and Green. For example a light blue would mean blue minus one ornamental type instrument (gtr 2 or organ) and maybe a simplification of the drum pattern and same thing for a light green with minimal qualities but not necessarily variations.

Maybe these extra options would still load all the sounds like they do now, but more ornamental tracks would be loaded as automatically muted.
A great suggestion.

Definitely supported.

+1
Oh yes,

+1
+1
I real arrangements it is not only the drums that have variations of their parts. So besides of muting instruments it would be great to have a "density" setting for each of the repetitions.

Anyway, +1 for the OP.

Masi
© PG Music Forums