PG Music Home
Posted By: Masi MIDI only chord input - 12/27/19 02:04 PM
It's IMHO cumbersome to play a chord on a MIDI keyboard and then to enter a keystroke on the PC keyboard.

Would be much easier if I could configure a single MIDI note above and below my chord entry range to act as the enter key. Or maybe some CC or MMC message that many controllers send on a play/stop/record/... button.

Masi
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: MIDI only chord input - 12/27/19 09:04 PM
+1
Posted By: Pipeline Re: MIDI only chord input - 01/01/20 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Masi
It's IMHO cumbersome to play a chord on a MIDI keyboard and then to enter a keystroke on the PC keyboard.

Would be much easier if I could configure a single MIDI note above and below my chord entry range to act as the enter key. Or maybe some CC or MMC message that many controllers send on a play/stop/record/... button.

Masi

Here's one to try How to Enter Chords into the Chord Sheet with a Keyboard While Playing.
and Midi to Keystroke "Hot Key"
For Live playing you can try Biab Live Chord Input Playing it still needs a few things doing to it but it should basically work.
Posted By: Masi Re: MIDI only chord input - 01/02/20 08:21 AM
Thank you Pipeline. The MIDI-to-keystroke programs look are great. I'll give them a try.

Nonetheless, this is a wishlist forum. While I appreciate any help in terms of workarounds I'll love to toss ideas around. This one isn't even new. Your hotkey approach is from 2017. Perhaps such a feature has been asked for even before.

So, dear PGmusic devs, I you have some time to burn, my request is still standing smile

Masi
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: MIDI only chord input - 01/02/20 09:34 AM
There are other great ideas and solutions delivered from incredibly intuitive people, but this also deserves its own +1
© PG Music Forums